Tucson This Weekend (1 Viewer)

Suzanne

Nitro Member
There should be a great event this weekend but youd not know if for the lack of discussion about it. I just found a link showing the AAFD is bringing 8 cars. There is a thread somewhere about a 7.0 classes being added to the event. After March Meet, since I wasnt there I dont know who is out of parts/time to make it to Tucson, anyone have any current info on this?????

This weekend should be a great show...while we did lose a few cars to March Meet carnage, we still expect 12-14 AA/FC, some of the AA/FD, Winged Express, Mike Boyd car, Sullivans Fiat, A/Fuel, 7.0 cars, a couple of jets..Hot Rod I&II, and oh yeah.....Ron Capps driving JEFF Gaynors AA/FC any questions call the track at 520-762-9700 thanks Mike

Well after seeing the weather forcast, with how it is right now here in Chandler, cold rainy, at times windy and lighting, I cant blame anyone from not wanting to tow to Tucson, what a shame, sounds like it was going to be a great race. I hope it all bloooooooows away tonight.

Last edited:
The weather forecast didn't look too promising for the Nationals at Firebird this year and it turned out just fine; I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this weekend in Tucson.

Jeez..you're in Ari..friggin..Zona. Desert right? I lived in Mesa for a while and never had any event altered by weather.

Especially the golf courses..LOL..mid July and there's no waiting..loved that.

Grey with scattered rain and T-storm all day today.. On my way down to see if its a go for today... Just talked to Spike who is reporting surface moisture :(

I decided to wait until tomarrow. I got a call, rain out today but on for tomarrow just a lil while ago but no info on car count since they didnt actually go to the track. Martin, car count??? ~I just read about Eric, .............at a loss for words now......

Last edited:
Just got back... Its pretty somber down there, and the rain is definiately helping mask some tears... Capps looked pretty stunned.

Roland's got the body out of the box (unlettered) but the car was inside. Lil Nate team was just rollin in as I was heading out... Car count is pretty good- I think all the expected NFCs had arrived, but very few were out of the box. It's just too damn wet, and the wind was definiately out of everyone's sails.

Tomorrow's forcast is for morning rain (its so bad the roof in the workshop is leaking :mad: ), but if they can convince the Jet Dragster to torch down the track, tomorrow might just go off without a hitch... And I have a show load in tomorrow at noon (double :mad: )..

Godspeed, Eric

9:30 AM... Sunny blue skies in Tucson... Johnny Red won the battle last night, so I'll be a bit slow this morning.. Maybe I can make it down to the track before my load in at noon today..

LET'S GO RACIN' EVERYBODY!!! A little cackle for breakfast might do some good...:D

We got up early today and drove down from Phoenix; it was definitely worth the drive; the weather cooperated and the funny cars put on a good show. The Nitro fix helped improve my mood substantially.

I decided to wait until tomarrow. I got a call, rain out today but on for tomarrow just a lil while ago but no info on car count since they didnt actually go to the track. Martin, car count??? ~I just read about Eric, .............at a loss for words now......

Jeeezz, I'm glad I didn't read this thread before I drove from LA and spent three great days in Arizona... Funny cars, Fuel altereds, Jet dragsters and good BBQ. Saturday and Sunday were beautiful! If you are a nitro drag fan you shouldn't always listen to the weatherman!

Michael Nervik and his crew are first class, don't forget the Fuel Altered meet at Tucson over the Fathers Day weekend.

........Im glad you didnt read this thread too!. I looked at webcams in Tucson, read the weather every few hours, I really, really wanted to go, and I am so glad to hear that it turned out great!! I know what its like to drive from LA to Tucson been there, use to do that, seems like it being only 120 miles away Id do it more. From the pics that looks like it great weather, woderful car count!! Most cars Ive seen at Tucson in a very long time.....((RIP PN)) and damn it my favorite truck was there too, love that Southwest badass truck

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back