Tony Pedregon Not Getting A Fair Shake? (1 Viewer)

Is it 75 minutes to get your car ready or 75 min till the next run??? It would have been fair to give them there normal time,so what if the live show is behind,just inetrupt the schedule on espn2 like they do to us ALMOST ALL THE TIME.
It is typically 75 minutes from the last pass of the class until the first pass of the class for next round.

Again, Tony had MORE TIME THAN 2 OTHER TEAMS. And, more time than the typical 75 minutes alloted. Due to HIM fouling the track. They made it. He didn't.

Tony spills his own milk and everyone in the racing community has to clean it up for him..........AGAIN
His crying interviews are always a FAST FORWARD item, my TV isn't waterproof.:rolleyes:

Why didnt Cruzers guys come over and lend a hand if Tonys crew was not able to get the turn around done. :confused:

Tony spills his own milk and everyone in the racing community has to clean it up for him..........AGAIN
His crying interviews are always a FAST FORWARD item, my TV isn't waterproof.:rolleyes:

Well hopefully he can do better next race! He may voice his opinions at times but at least he doesnt cheat.

In all honesty I'm one of the first to bash on the Pedregon's and their whining, but go back and watch the interview. Yes, he said that NHRA needs to speed it up if they want live coverage, however he did say that it was only constructive critisism. After that he took full blame for having a team that has not jelled yet, and that they couldn't make the repairs in time.

In all honesty I'm one of the first to bash on the Pedregon's and their whining, but go back and watch the interview. Yes, he said that NHRA needs to speed it up if they want live coverage, however he did say that it was only constructive critisism. After that he took full blame for having a team that has not jelled yet, and that they couldn't make the repairs in time.

This is a key point in this whole debate. And he ended with someting to the effect of (And I paraphrase) We'll move on, and we'll get better.

tony (and cruz for that matter) mite not be PC, but IMO they are
owner/racers committed to the nhra fc show.
they stay out there racing seemingly on a wide array of funding;
others have not.........neither option right or wrong, just glad
they choose to stay the course.

tony (and cruz for that matter) mite not be PC, but IMO they are
owner/racers committed to the nhra fc show.
they stay out there racing seemingly on a wide array of funding;
others have not.........neither option right or wrong, just glad
they choose to stay the course.

Mike, I to wish for ppl to take a more objective view when looking at the competitors on the whole. This is all good entertainment and good for business. I can be subjective with the best of them when it comes to a driver vs. my choosen driver. However, its great so have some spark. Hell, without TPedregon this board would be without 2 threads this week. See what I mean :)

Well I just think Pedregon's new STP getup looks badass! It's great to see that iconic logo on a drag car. The Charlotte crowd should sure get a kick out of that. If TP really wants to make some hubub, they outta get Richard Petty to that race.

the problem is there was no need to blame nhra for anything. His team didn't get ready in time. 3 other teams did. If he would have started and ended with his team is new, they'll get better etc than all is good. As usual he did the opposite, then tried to real it in at the end

Well I just think Pedregon's new STP getup looks badass! It's great to see that iconic logo on a drag car. The Charlotte crowd should sure get a kick out of that. If TP really wants to make some hubub, they outta get Richard Petty to that race.

Awesome idea! Then paint/wrap the car in iconic Petty blue and STP red, that would be killer! Remember the old STP commercials where Andy Granatelli would dip the end of a slotted screwdriver in STP and it would slip out of his fingers when he would try to hold on to it? Andy and King Richard were the faces of STP. Talk about a BRAND.

I heard an interesting story in Vegas Sunday after the race. There was talk that they had the car back together and had warmed the motor on gas only before running out of time. They decided not to run without the full warmup procedure. Thinking this may be a side affect of the heavy penalties for blowing up............

P.S. not sure if story was correct.........there was some drinking going on :D

The mags were 180 out.

23kvwgg.gif

Ouch, That sux. :(
I've done that before. Little things that count for a lot.

Re: The mags were 180 degrees out?????????

Do you men to imply that there's no "fail safe" mechanism to precude that???

Hard to believe...

Or was that just a joke that went over my head? I hope so...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back