Pro stock tv coverage (1 Viewer)

Jer

Nitro Member
One run last night,the same run from last night tonight and one extra run,wow thx alot for the lack of coverage. pathetic. If your trying to kill the class good job. shame on you. some people still like to watch pro stock.

Since I've gotten All-Access, I try not watch the FOX broadcast. Pro Stock used to be one of my favorite classes, but as of late, it's stale. Can't wait for Spring and Summer to see Pro Mod live again, whether it's NHRA, PDRA, ADRL or NMCA. Far more exciting to watch for me.

One run last night,the same run from last night tonight and one extra run,wow thx alot for the lack of coverage. pathetic. If your trying to kill the class good job. shame on you. some people still like to watch pro stock.

You dont get full coverage when only "SOME people" are watching.

They spend too much time on pointless, redundant interviews with the same few people. They could have found more time for pro stock. Not smart to run off any of your core audience.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have to agree with that. Seems that Pro Stock has become the ugly red headed step child of the NHRA.

I keep bringing this up on there facebook page,so far they do not reply.

all access

I think that is what they want everyone who likes the pro stock class,and other classes is to buy the package!!

I keep bringing this up on there facebook page,so far they do not reply.

all access

I think that is what they want everyone who likes the pro stock class,and other classes is to buy the package!!
LOL not gonna happen when all you can hear is the announcers,i wanna hear the cars not them

Jeremy ... I bet even you would appreciate the sound mix this week. They are getting kinks ironed out.

It doesn't help when you basically have one model of car making up the entire field and the same people win all the time.
In a totally clueless decision NHRA makes T/F Harley part of the program instead of Pro Mod which has a very diverse field of cars with different combinations and their fast and a blast to watch!
Pro Stock at one time was my favorite class but not anymore!
And it's not just me and it's proven by the lack of entries and crowds in the stands!
Greg Anderson said Pro Stock isn't dead but it is dying a slow death from what I've been seeing.
The lack of other manufacturers is going to be the classes demise!

It doesn't help when you basically have one model of car making up the entire field and the same people win all the time.
In a totally clueless decision NHRA makes T/F Harley part of the program instead of Pro Mod which has a very diverse field of cars with different combinations and their fast and a blast to watch!
And it's not just me and it's proven by the lack of entries and crowds in the stands!
Greg Anderson said Pro Stock isn't dead but it is dying a slow death from what I've been seeing.

The Nitro Harleys are running fewer races (8) than the Pro Mods (12) this year. The Nitro Harleys have not been added to the program "instead of" anything. None of their events will overlap with PSM.

As has been said on here a GAZILLION times, the Pro Mods do NOT want to run 24 events, it would absolutely kill the class. The Pro Mods are also pay to play, NHRA really has very little to do with the class other than giving them a place to race, but prize money, eligibility, TV Package and rules are handled by RPM.

As has been said on here a GAZILLION times, the Pro Mods do NOT want to run 24 events, it would absolutely kill the class.

OMG, No sh*t!!! Give the Pro Mod deal a rest already! Those guys literally have the perfect gig being able to basically govern their own situation. The day they give that up to the sanctioning body (and I don't know that there's any pressure to do so anyway....) is the day that class begins circling the drain.

Sean D

Top fuel is only one model lol

Let me know when it stops being Pro Summit & becomes Pro Stock again... ;-) Two races down...Hope someone else besides Andersmug&Dive wins next race! ;-)

Even if you give PS there own 1 hour show still only SOME people will watch. Adding more time to a class that has very little interest does not equate to more viewers. NHRA made a step in the right direction with FI but more changes are needed. This is from the interview with Greg Anderson.
"Sources inside the push to get Toyota involved in Pro Stock have confirmed the manufacturer has zero interest in this style of racing. The 500-inch engine platform just isn't conducive to the business model, the same sources confirm."

I would not be surprised if Ford and other manufacturers would be interested if it were not for the 500 inc engine platform.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back