Pro Stock testing... (1 Viewer)

anyone ever take a look around the Greg Anderson / Jason Line pit. almost the entire car is covered from front to back with a blanket.

jf

Those are the cars with the speed secrets...but I doubt you'll see them under their hoods. My guess is the Summit cars secrets are in the can underneath the car. As for copying speed secrets from WJ, I'd guess people stopped doing that approximately 4 Summit World Championships ago!

Those are the cars with the speed secrets...but I doubt you'll see them under their hoods. My guess is the Summit cars secrets are in the can underneath the car. As for copying speed secrets from WJ, I'd guess people stopped doing that approximately 4 Summit World Championships ago!

And there's another shot below the belt to WJ!

If you call over $50K of Ken Black's $ for each shock absorber exotic, I'd say you are partially correct with your second sentance. Oh, and for the record, ask the Ken Black boys who designed the very engine they've chosen, less the exclusive deal with Wilson Manifolds, of course? You'll re-discover the value of "The Professor."

Bobby....that's not a shot at WJ. There was a time when he had the e.t. and speed advantage over the class, and everyone wanted his combination. Those days were years ago, and I doubt anyone really wants his combination these days...they want Greg and Jason's. I don't mean that critically...I believe that to be a correct statement.

I totally respect what Warren's done, but I just don't think teams are lining up to steal his combination. It's the Summit cars, and to a lesser extent, the Cagnazzi cars. The rest of the field, including WJ and my Mopar guys, are looking for Anderson's performance....not Warren's.

I must say I can't really appreciate all the bantering back and forth about secrecy. Being a die-hard Reher & Morrison fan, I've been spoiled in being able to squat right down next to the car and talk to Bruce while he worked on the clutch or to Dave while he ran the valves.

Now I know the obvious response is that not only do they not run anymore, but even when they did, they hadn't had a championship caliber combination for quite some time. But their pit was always that accessible, even when they were kickin' everyone's ass.

I guess it's just a shame it's come to this. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the sport evolving, but I sure do miss that part of it.

SD

It all goes back to the 80s when Glidden rolled his T-Bird in Atlanta.(I think) The first thing he did was cover up the engine with his jacket when he got out of the mangled car.

There may not be anything to hide but racers would like to make you think that there is. Keeps everyone on their toes and guessing. Its an old trick.

I must say I can't really appreciate all the bantering back and forth about secrecy. Being a die-hard Reher & Morrison fan, I've been spoiled in being able to squat right down next to the car and talk to Bruce while he worked on the clutch or to Dave while he ran the valves.

Now I know the obvious response is that not only do they not run anymore, but even when they did, they hadn't had a championship caliber combination for quite some time. But their pit was always that accessible, even when they were kickin' everyone's ass.

I guess it's just a shame it's come to this. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the sport evolving, but I sure do miss that part of it.

SD

You're absolutely right about the Reher-Morrison team. When Lee Shepherd used to drive for them, they would pit in the dirt with the rest of us. In 82 or 83 (been a LONG time) we were pitted next to their dually and old Chapparrel trailer in Pomona. I spent a lot of time bugging them (I was only 15 or 16 at the time). :eek: I guess they finally got tired of me and gave me a t-shirt and stickers. :D
My friend had a high speed miss in his Super/Gas car that Buddy Morrison helped him fix. That was the thing that made the RMS and Bruce Allen teams one of my all time favorite teams.

Bobby....that's not a shot at WJ. There was a time when he had the e.t. and speed advantage over the class, and everyone wanted his combination. Those days were years ago, and I doubt anyone really wants his combination these days...they want Greg and Jason's. I don't mean that critically...I believe that to be a correct statement.

I totally respect what Warren's done, but I just don't think teams are lining up to steal his combination. It's the Summit cars, and to a lesser extent, the Cagnazzi cars. The rest of the field, including WJ and my Mopar guys, are looking for Anderson's performance....not Warren's.

John, you might as well get used to being accused of taking swipes at ol' WJ on this board at the mere mention of his name. You can make a perfectly simple and valid statement, and be accused of hating the guy. Ask me how I know. ;) ;)

You're right of course, and when the KB boys have nothing left to pull out of their hats but someone else does, the field will be chasing that team down. That's Pro Stock Racing and it's been that way since the beginning.

Last edited:
John, you might as well get used to being accused of taking swipes at ol' WJ on this board at the mere mention of his name. You can make a perfectly simple and valid statement, and be accused of hating the guy. Ask me how I know. ;)

You should know,you're one of the best below the belt posters there is when it comes to WJ.:rolleyes:

No worries Jackee or John, I am in the same boat with you guys. I cant stand Warren, never have but anytime I write something even though its true, I get called a WJ basher. The way I see it is if its true, it aint bashing. And John your right, I dont think anyone is looking at ole' WJ for any secrets right now. How many fields did he miss last year? Its not a slam, its just being honest. If I was going to try and steal a secret it would be in the form of KB Racing.

You should know,you're one of the best below the belt posters there is when it comes to WJ.:rolleyes:

Not true. I have never stated anything about him which is not true from our experiences with him as a competitor. Maybe you just don't go back far enough in the sport? ;)

Just because many of us see the man as a human being, rather then a super hero, doesn't mean we're 'bashing'.

I've never seen anyone "defended" so vehemently when someone simply makes a comment which is contrary to the defenders vision of the guy.

For the record, I do not hate him or anyone. I just express my opinion from time to time, which is based on our experiences with him as a competitor. Those who choose to classify it as bashing are free to do so.
However, many people see it differently. It is what it is.

The fact is...no one gets from 'A' to 'B' better than the Summit cars. That's the combination to chase.

For the record, I don't consider myself a fan of either Summit driver, but I do respect their ability to field the best cars in the class. Statistics don't lie.

Jackee...I respect your opinions and perspective. Your posts are always fair and objective. That's what makes the new & improved Mater the best site on the super highway...fair and balanced communication.

Not true. I have never stated anything about him which is not true from our experiences with him as a competitor. Maybe you just don't go back far enough in the sport? ;)

Just because many of us see the man as a human being, rather then a super hero, doesn't mean we're 'bashing'.

I've never seen anyone "defended" so vehemently when someone simply makes a comment which is contrary to the defenders vision of the guy.

For the record, I do not hate him or anyone. I just express my opinion from time to time, which is based on our experiences with him as a competitor. Those who choose to classify it as bashing are free to do so.
However, many people see it differently. It is what it is.

Super hero he is,after all didn't he win Indy with the Superman car a few years ago? The reason WJ's friends defend him is,no other P/S racer gets bashed as much as he does and it becomes an automatic responce.

Super hero he is,after all didn't he win Indy with the Superman car a few years ago? The reason WJ's friends defend him is,no other P/S racer gets bashed as much as he does and it becomes an automatic responce.

Well, since there has been no 'WJ bashing' in this thread, perhaps a little rev limiter on the 'automatic response' would be in order.

Nooooooooooooooooo Johnny! Now you'll have the Libs all over you ! ;) :D

Ahhhh....I get it...'Fair & Balanced'....that's good!

Sooo....what do you think Hillary's chances are in the run for the White House??? And what about that dude from Illinois whose name sounds like Osama Bin Laden????

Permit me to summarize as I see it:
* Some like him and some don't!
* Some appreciate his contributions and some don't!
* Some acknowledge him as the winning-est Pro Stock racer ever and some ignore it!
* Some appreciate his humor and some can't see it!
* Some carry a torch for his jovial jabs and some completely lack a sense of humor!

Indisputable facts:
* He's very very funny!
* He's very very intelligent!
* He's earned his name "The Professor!"
* He's given as much to the class as anyone in history!
* He's been contracted by the factory to design winning components!
* He personally designed every engine combination to win Pro Stock for over a decade.

Bobby :

You are right on the money with your assestment of WJ. The ones who bash him don't know him .

Don and Bobby are right on the money. If you compare WJ's and KJ's mph (a good indication of power) to the other top teams, you'll see that the problems WJ and KJ had last year were not due to a shortage of horsepower.

Don and Bobby are right on the money. If you compare WJ's and KJ's mph (a good indication of power) to the other top teams, you'll see that the problems WJ and KJ had last year were not due to a shortage of horsepower.

Good observation and with the addition of Terry Adams help,this could get very interesting.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back