Pro Stock testing... (2 Viewers)

Johnny Mopar

Nitro Member
Has anyone heard any numbers from the testing going on at Valdosta this week? Richie Stevens was due to test there. Were any other teams there?

I'm starving for some on-track action....:(

From Promidifieds.us............

Richie Stevens and Warren Johnson were out testing this week at SGMP.
Richie ran the best time so far in winter testing with a fine 6.605 on Wednesday. That time is just a tick off KJ's track record of 6.604 set in December of 2005. Richie was driving the Rick Jones car that Allen Johnson ran toward the end of last season. Richie will start the season in this car while his new RJ car is being finished. Today, the air was not quite as good, but Richie put down a nice 6.612 atr 208.10 about 2:20 in the afternoon. The team swapped in a new motor and they made one trial on it late in the afternoon at 6.644 208.23. They plan to run again tomorrow.

Warren Johnson's team was out testing with Adam Drzayich (hope I got that right -- the insurance release was hard to read) behind the wheel as Warren looked on. I saw them make five attempts this afternoon, but only got down the track once at 6.73 207mph. I'm guessing that they were sorting out some suspension settings, but I don't really know. I believe that they also plan on more testing tomorrow.

Thanks Gary....we're getting closer every day! Would you mind sharing the address of the site you got the information from? I'd like to follow along if there's more action...

Thanks...

What's the story on the guy behind the wheel of Warren's car? Does Warren routinely do this to observe the car from the outside, or is this something new he's doing?

Sean

What's the story on the guy behind the wheel of Warren's car? Does Warren routinely do this to observe the car from the outside, or is this something new he's doing?

Sean

I was wondering the same thing Sean. Seems a little odd...maybe WJ is working his way out of the car. He's always said he doesn't really care to drive. Hmmm....

Adam is a great guy and a great driver, he has worked for WJ for about 2 years now, he has raced SC and TS on the west coast before going to work for the WJ. He has done testing before as part of his job duties. It gives them another look at the car, Adam from the run and ride and WJ from seeing what the car is doing. Adam got his PS license in his dads PS car using WJ power about 3 years ago.

Adam is a great guy and a great driver, he has worked for WJ for about 2 years now, he has raced SC and TS on the west coast before going to work for the WJ. He has done testing before as part of his job duties. It gives them another look at the car, Adam from the run and ride and WJ from seeing what the car is doing. Adam got his PS license in his dads PS car using WJ power about 3 years ago.
Maybe WJ learned a hard lesson????

Here we go again!
You can't even post "Happy Birthday Warren" without his critics jumping right in and taking shots.

I certainly don't have any thing against WJ, but given his history of arrogance it's easy to see why people would take a shot at him on message boards. For instance, on TV interviews he used to call the Dodge Pro Stockers "Jeeps"...now that the Dodges are faster than his car I wonder what he's calling them now? That's NOT a shot on my part...just an observation...

As we all know, Drag Racing is a humbling sport. It's almost impossible to reach the top, and even tougher to stay there. The Snake is famous for saying....'never, ever bet on a drag race'.

Thanks to link to the site, but I must give credit where credit is due. My buddy Marv Smith does alot of photography & reporting for SGMP, for several sites, including .us as well as georgiadragracing.com. Marv is the best & has the pleasure of SGMP as a home track!!

It's great having the run data and pics. Just hearing about testing makes the ice storm we're having in Missouri seem a little less severe. We're getting closer every day!

For instance, on TV interviews he used to call the Dodge Pro Stockers "Jeeps"...now that the Dodges are faster than his car I wonder what he's calling them now?

You need a sense of humor,it will help you get through life without all that stress. WJ did have an off year last year but the other GM cars took care of the "jeeps".;)

I say goodluck to warren johnson this season , who cares if he didn't do well last season you can't win all the time you just have to try your best next time . He will think of something , he didn't get the nickname the professor for nothing.

[ The Snake is famous for saying....'never, ever bet on a drag race'.]

I thought that was Pete Rose, no? Ooops, that was baseball. Sorry....
By the way, what's Dean Skuza been up to lately??

You need a sense of humor,it will help you get through life without all that stress. WJ did have an off year last year but the other GM cars took care of the "jeeps".;)

Point well taken. That comment was a stinging one back when Warren was beating up the Dodges and most of the GM's. I guess I should (now) enjoy the position the leading Dodges have over the artist formerly known as 'The Professor'.

The addition of Terry Adams should help WJ. Kurt's car ran great last year, and finished #5. Maybe WJ could steal Kurt's setup....

Either way...there's so much talent in Pro Stock, this could easily be the most competitive year yet. As much as people beat up the Summit cars for their dominance, they're certainly responsible for making the rest of the class better....and faster!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back