Pre race (1 Viewer)

Jer

Nitro Member
Besides Pre Race Ceromonies being very boring,NHRA should spice it up,like make it 30 min instead of 60 min,dont have a guy fly in and jump out of a plane,we never have see that lol. Have some fighter planes fly over or something,that would be cool.

IMO I think the skydiver is one of the coolest parts. And then literally seconds after the national anthem is played, TF is fired up. Love it.

IMO I think the skydiver is one of the coolest parts. And then literally seconds after the national anthem is played, TF is fired up. Love it.

Exactly, the national anthem has to be sung anyway. So why not have the flag flown down in glory? I love the anthem anyway and besides in most tracks you can see the the sky diver with the flag from anywhere in the pits, rather than not seeing it as it;s played.

Have some fighter planes fly over or something,that would be cool.
Maybe have The Stones open every event with a 45 minutes set, that wouldnt cost much either.
I say take the cash doled out for pre race activities and give it to the sportsman racers instead.

I will admit, that's one thing NHRA does right.... once you finally hear the anthem being sung - you KNOW the first 2 cars will be running within a minute or so, without fail. The 1st 2 usually dry-spin the motors right before or during the anthem. I also agree that all the sponsor/intros before that is a little long... but I also know the importance of all that, too.

How do people get to be part of the driver introductions audience in front of the stage?

You know, I think pre-race is one of the things NHRA does right. Intro's all the drivers and sponsors, which is important. A reward for making the field, and is the only PR first round losers will get. I could do without the blatantly christian prayer (kinda like the "non-denominational" service that mentions Christ constantly...), but I know that's important to some folks. The anthem is sometimes sung well (every now and then it sounds like a cat being strangled...), and the parachuting in flag is absolutely wonderful. Get's my heart pumping every time. Then vroom, off we go. I love the whole thing.

You know, I think pre-race is one of the things NHRA does right. Intro's all the drivers and sponsors, which is important. A reward for making the field, and is the only PR first round losers will get. I could do without the blatantly christian prayer (kinda like the "non-denominational" service that mentions Christ constantly...), but I know that's important to some folks. The anthem is sometimes sung well (every now and then it sounds like a cat being strangled...), and the parachuting in flag is absolutely wonderful. Get's my heart pumping every time. Then vroom, off we go. I love the whole thing.

same.....agree.....yes.
@ BIR we get to see canadien jumper land as their anthem finishes, then
the first 2 fire to the completion of ours.
love it; wouldn't miss it.

sometimes long but i agree a necessary evil for sponsors & racers.

Back in the Sears Point days here at "Sonoma" a local pilot would make a low pass over the strip in his Hawker Seafury as part of the opening :)

that and the already dying "night of Fire" qualifying session needs a shot in the arm, I remember NHRA events having a Jet Car or Wheelstander exhibition, right now the only event that has anything like that is Las Vegas With Ed "The Outlaw" Jones, I remember a couple E-town races that had Al & Rich Hanna Jet FCs and twice the Jim Neilson Jet Mercedes Limo to end Friday Nite Qualifying. ADRL got the Jet Car ending and IHRA has their Night of Fire Bits with Jets & Wheelstanders and Bob Motz. NHRA is going against the fan fav pizazz with the limitations of exhibition cars and now the "If you're lucky maybe you'll get a Night Pro Session under legitiimate Night skies" instead of it guaranteed on Friday and even Saturdays back in the day.

I agree.....Houston and Dallas need to do something different. I'm not anti-patriotic or anything, but that Lee Greenwood tape of "God Bless the USA" from 1984 is starting to sound BAD!!

I agree.....Houston and Dallas need to do something different. I'm not anti-patriotic or anything, but that Lee Greenwood tape of "God Bless the USA" from 1984 is starting to sound BAD!!

I think last year or the year before was the first time that wasn't played for the Safety Safari, I think it was whatever year Lefty Retired. that and the Toby Keith video. I haven't seen either in years.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back