Nascar pre race (1 Viewer)

Just sayin at least for the big races something like that would be nice[/QUOTE

If NHRA was going to spend money on a fighter jet fly-by, I’d rather see the money go towards purses. Fighter jets are badass, but my feelings aren’t hurt if I don’t see any at a drag race.

I started thinking? A lot happened at Pomona in 1999! Mike Dunn won the Winter's on Monday. Doug Herbert Had the biggest Starting line explosion EVER, during the finals qualifying! And, the passing of Lawrence Yohn on Sunday.
Can anyone say, How do you HiJack a thread? LOL

the nascar pre-race yesterday was crap. between fsn1 and fox network, there were 3.5 hours of crap leading up to a race that didn't start till 2:30 and finished at almost 7pm cst.
needless to say watched very little of it all. a little pre-race. the start, and the finish, which i tuned into at 5pm with about 30 laps left, only to be drug out for another 1:45 minutes.
i was not impressed.......this race used to start around noon and be done by 3. it's too bad jfr lost monster, and then watch the crap monster has all their money tied up in. JMHO.
at indy in '89, there was a P51 flyover. it was awesome.

Last edited:
NASCAR has abandoned it's roots in moonshine running and beach racing and now has become the stepson of .......demolition derby

I don’t really watch much NASCAR, but decided I’d watch Daytona. I gotta tell ya, I just don’t see the appeal. Goes to show you how good a job NASCAR has done marketing their sport. Granted, I grew up on drag racing, but I still enjoy F1, and even some Indycar and Motocross. But watching over 4 hours of that deal was painful. And now, they even break their races up into “stages”, to further spice things up I guess. Oh and BTW, the argument that FCs and PS cars don’t resemble real cars anymore, making them less popular, is BS. I was looking at the lineup yesterday and thought I spotted a Mustang grille, when I saw the rest of the car I had to laugh. Anyway, just my opinions of course.

Only prop plane better looking than a P-51 would be a Gee Bee! Gee-Bee-Model-R2-2-760x509.jpg

Both Pomona events normally have fly-overs during the National Anthem. Sometimes jets, sometimes prop planes. Usually warbirds of some type from the nearby Chino airport.

If the late, great engine builder Dave Zueschel were still with us he could probably be convinced to do a flyover with his jet. I remember in the early 60's at Bakersfield he would fly around the track some times and land in the parking lot. I think it was in a P51, before he went to jets. RIP Dave

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back