Post John Force era (1 Viewer)

He does mention price, which is a big issue. Yes we can point out $60 for a days worth of entertainment is a good deal per hour. But to bring the family you are still shelling out big bucks to get in, plus food, travel and anything else. At the end of the day, the family budget isn't showing X dollars per hour of entertainment, it is showing $400(or whatever). Brining that cost down is what will bring new fans in. Taking away the sportsman means less money coming in, the NHRA would have to raise ticket prices to cover that gap then.

My friend just brought his family (7 people) to NYC to see a Broadway show for Christmas. With the tickets ($200 per) and a beer, a drink, and 5 bottles of water, and a rental van to get into the city, it came to about $2000 for the night out.
No thanks....I'll wait for drag racing to start again.....

I used to beat the drum of admission prices being to high, but then I thought about it. What else are you going to go do with a $60 admission? NFL tickets are starting a that price (if you're lucky) and go up from there, same with NHL. Maybe a baseball game in the outfield, but between the bases you're still looking at at least $60 (again, if you're lucky). Try a concert... the cheap seats there are at least $60 as well. Honestly, admission prices are in line with stick & ball and other forms of entertainment.

Yup, in the last year I've attended a Stevie Nix concert $150 for two tickets, Bulls vs Cavs $450 for two tickets, NCAA Basketball #1 Villanova vs DePaul $60 for one ticket, Cedar Point $335 for 5 tickets, Bulls vs Rockets next week $200 for two tickets.

Back in June I went to see the New York Mets versus my beloved Cincinnati Reds in Cincinnati. I bought a ticket at the walk up window 20 minutes before game time for $9. Nine US Dollars. Granted, I was in the 4th deck, but at least I was behind home plate and in the shade. I paid $11 for a beer. That's right, I paid more for the beer than I did for the ticket to the game. Cincinnati Reds baseball ladies and gentleman!!!

Here's a comparison for you:
Generally speaking, the average Super Bowl ticket costs between $2,500 and $3,000, but that price varies depending on the particular matchup and when the tickets are purchased. Super Bowl XLIX between the Seahawks and the Patriots was an exception to this rule, with tickets averaging $4,314.
Super Bowl 52 Tickets | Minneapolis, MN 2018 | SeatGeek
https://seatgeek.com/events/super-bowl

vs.
Top Eliminator tix for the U.S.Nationals (2016) Tickets can be purchased at NHRA.com/tickets for $395 per person.
Indy is our closest equivalent to the Superbowl, and the Indy tix are for all 6 days.

Heck, I got just one ticket and it cost me $490.

It was for turning right on a red light. Except it wasn't red. I fought it and lost, too. So I went to Amazon and bought a front and rear dash cam set up. I'm ready next time. LOL True story.

Yup, in the last year I've attended a Stevie Nix concert $150 for two tickets, Bulls vs Cavs $450 for two tickets, NCAA Basketball #1 Villanova vs DePaul $60 for one ticket, Cedar Point $335 for 5 tickets, Bulls vs Rockets next week $200 for two tickets.
I just moved back to the Chicago area and wanted to go the Blackhawks game tonight and the cheapest tickets were for $80 standing room early. Nose bleed seats were over $120 a seat. NHRA is a bargain. However, I will say it's all dependent on the market, I went back to Philly for Thanksgiving and was able to go to take my family to a Flyers game for $50 a seat and we were 15 rows off of the ice.

Today with many other groups putting on all kinds of races from Pro Mod, Gasser Shows, Monster Truck Shows and everything else the NHRA as to really focus on putting on the best show around for not only the racers but for the fans and their families at every event.

The food has to be affordable at the concessions and ticket prices have to be reasonable. Consumers are smart and at the end of each event either they can say was a great experience or they can decide that maybe next time they will go to a Monster Truck show instead. It's all about putting on a real great event and show for everyone who attends.

Making it a fun event for everyone who attends is the key to staying in business.

I do believe many people come to watch John Force I know he reminds me of Jungle Jim with his rapid fire monologue.

Maybe we need more car-actors like that in the sport!
Jimbo
I will be at the Monster Supercross race in Anaheim tomorrow and even though the seats were free due to my buddies connections if we had to buy them they would have been $110.00 a ticket. Parking is between $20.00 to $30.00 and we don't even want to talk about the price of food at the stadium. I could have had the same tickets for the Monster Trucks the following Sat but I don't care much for them. But, we will be back for the Supercross race the weekend after the Monster Trucks. I think NHRA gives a pretty good show for the money they charge.

I will be at the Monster Supercross race in Anaheim tomorrow and even though the seats were free due to my buddies connections if we had to buy them they would have been $110.00 a ticket. Parking is between $20.00 to $30.00 and we don't even want to talk about the price of food at the stadium. I could have had the same tickets for the Monster Trucks the following Sat but I don't care much for them. But, we will be back for the Supercross race the weekend after the Monster Trucks. I think NHRA gives a pretty good show for the money they charge.

Here's a seating map of Angel Stadium (next to my shop) and all you have to do it put your cursor over the section where you want to sit and the seat prices come up. Looks like $45 to $75 gets you a nice seat. Anywhere in the stadium is good.

Check it out here: https://www1.ticketmaster.com/monst...ss&tm_link=venueartist_msg-0_090053449B0029CE

Here's a seating map of Angel Stadium (next to my shop) and all you have to do it put your cursor over the section where you want to sit and the seat prices come up. Looks like $45 to $75 gets you a nice seat. Anywhere in the stadium is good.

Check it out here: https://www1.ticketmaster.com/monst...ss&tm_link=venueartist_msg-0_090053449B0029CE
We go to A-1 and A-2 every year and I use that seating chart a lot. In fact I was just looking at it a couple of days ago and the seats that we have were listed at 110.00 and now they are listed at 70.00. We are on the terrace level in section T209 row H seats 25 24 23. But, we will probably be up in my buddies suite most of the time. Thanks for the info though. I didn't know your shop was close to the stadium...I live just a couple blocks from the Old Town Orange circle.

Today with many other groups putting on all kinds of races from Pro Mod, Gasser Shows, Monster Truck Shows and everything else the NHRA as to really focus on putting on the best show around for not only the racers but for the fans and their families at every event.

The food has to be affordable at the concessions and ticket prices have to be reasonable. Consumers are smart and at the end of each event either they can say was a great experience or they can decide that maybe next time they will go to a Monster Truck show instead. It's all about putting on a real great event and show for everyone who attends.

Making it a fun event for everyone who attends is the key to staying in business.

I do believe many people come to watch John Force I know he reminds me of Jungle Jim with his rapid fire monologue.

Maybe we need more car-actors like that in the sport!
Jimbo
Fun event is the key.. How to do it is another.. How to please the masses is another.How to financially make it successful? I had this conversation with a friend years ago.,

have to find more companies like traxxas and harley that interact perfectly with the fan base. 50,000+ folks showing up 24x/year over a weekend. there have to be endless products and services that are saleable to them. on friday and saturday do not turn the pros around fast like on sunday. put an extra 60-90 minutes between Q rounds. .........90 min. racing / 2 hours selling + pit experience / 90 min. racing / jet cars. drag racing is unique. the whole show doesn't happen uninterrupted.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back