Points system-make a stand (2 Viewers)

WOW that is awesome, thanks competition plus and also to Drag Race Canada who also added it to their site.

More Canadian Help

Hey PJ,

I mentioned the petition and put the link up today on a very popular Yahoo message board called Canadian Drag Racing.

Hope this helps the effort along.

I am curious, how many people will it take for the NHRA to make a change?

what if we're excited about it?

I've been attending drag races since I was two and have gone to the Englishtown National Event every year since 1984.

My initial reaction to Countdown for the Championships was "What the *&***&$##"

But I've thought about it, and I'm actually excited to see it in action. It's going to change the strategy of the whole season for the teams. I think it will be an interesting new challenge. And if you don't like it, you can always calculate under the old system and crown your own champion!

I've been attending drag races since I was two and have gone to the Englishtown National Event every year since 1984.

My initial reaction to Countdown for the Championships was "What the *&***&$##"

But I've thought about it, and I'm actually excited to see it in action. It's going to change the strategy of the whole season for the teams. I think it will be an interesting new challenge. And if you don't like it, you can always calculate under the old system and crown your own champion!

The only problem with that is how are the teams going to feel when calculating under the old system and realizing they may have finished 5 spots higher had it not been for the new points system? Im sure this wont go over well if that means potential loss of exposure for their sponsor thus resulting in the subsequent loss of sponsorship dollars for the team. That as well as the eventual reflex action this will have in the media concerns me about the thought process used to design this whole thing. Sure it is generating media attention now because it is new but....think 3 or 4 years down the road when its a given that EVERY professional class is going to have a points battle that goes down to the last races of the season? Not to mention the system mirrors NASCAR too closely and is not unique enough. This is far from interesting in my opinion and the media WILL lose interest at some point and this will put our sport a step backward.

The playoff works in NASCAR because they are a racing series based on endurance and strategy within each race they run. One mistake in drag racing and your weekend is over....one mistake in NASCAR...you go a lap down...big deal...we'll get it back...theres no gettin your lap back in drag racing if a $20 part breaks.

This new points system, if left in its current configuration WILL hurt our sport in the long run.

over 1200 now. We still need more.

I've tried to send a notice on this to the newspapers in every town where NHRA has a race. I wasn't able to find email contacts for a few areas, Memphis, Bristol, Houston, Dallas, Norwalk (Columbus, Norwalk and Cleveland) and Richmond. If anyone knows of any newpapers contacts please pass the petition onto them or pass their email to me, thanks

Hi, PJ--you're gonna kill me, but amid all the storm ruckus, I had failed to sign the petition--duh. Got it done now #1314 and thanks for the efforts! And one more thing--saw the picture--Ron Capps has nothin' on you!!!!

At least you got some press out of the deal and he did do you the courtesy of a level-headed and well-thought-out response.

I'm not sure I'm sold on the new system but I'll give it a couple of years to see how it plays out before I make up my mind.

Wow PJ, Archambeault spun your petition as a positive for the NHRA because it got mentioned on ESPN.com in January! He must really believe any pub is good pub. 1,200 of our core customers are pissed off enough to sign a petition, but that's good because it's January and someone is talking about it on ESPN.com!

Wow PJ, Archambeault spun your petition as a positive for the NHRA because it got mentioned on ESPN.com in January! He must really believe any pub is good pub. 1,200 of our core customers are pissed off enough to sign a petition, but that's good because it's January and someone is talking about it on ESPN.com!

No kidding. I guess it's true that any press is good press.

:::sigh:::

I'm with ya PJ but I think it is a done deal for NHRA.

yeah I laughed when I read that, the only reason he got pub is because we are pissed...oh well how's that saying go you can't fix stupid :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back