Phx testing pics! (1 Viewer)

Thanks Joe! Great pictures. :D Sort of like an appetizer for Pomona and the rest of the season.

See ya in Gainesville (along with a bunch of other people)!

I thought I would add mine too...

I had some great moments taking the kids on Sunday for their first dose of Nitro. the only funny cars they have seen are on TV and the occasional visit to Buzzz's house.

The first was seeing my three year old son Mason's reactions to the cars in person. He wanted to meet Ashley, or as he says "Ashee". It was funny, we were waiting by her trailer after her dad's pass when John came flying up on the scooter. When he hopped off, Mason ran right over to him and hugged his leg. John was great with him, and patted his head. He then asked my daughter Maddie to join them for a picture. It was a special moment for sure. JFR has been doing a lot to gain fans over the last few years, and they have lifers in my kids, and dad likes em too.

Tony Shoooooe as the kids call him also took time with the kids, as did Hillary and Dixon. My daughter just loves that girls drive too.

Please take a look...
Family day at the Bird...

Justin I was watching for all the Super E cars to see if I could catch yours. But It didn't look like they had many there. But I did catch the Drag'n Lady almost blow it up in First gear though!:eek:

Nice pics Justin! I like your digger too. When I lived in Phoenix, I helped out a couple brothers from out there. Back in '96 I helped Danny Adragna a bit with his T/AD and his brother ran a 7.90 dragster, in that Super Eliminator class. Vito lives in Tuscon and I believe still races.

Nice pics Justin! I like your digger too. When I lived in Phoenix, I helped out a couple brothers from out there. Back in '96 I helped Danny Adragna a bit with his T/AD and his brother ran a 7.90 dragster, in that Super Eliminator class. Vito lives in Tuscon and I believe still races.

I remember the cars... I announced at what was Phoenix Raceway Park and is now Speedworld. Andragna's had some quick stff and Vito was one of the first guys in Super E when it was growing in the mid-90's. Thanks for the compliment on the car.

Hey Joe,

Great PICS as always and especially enjoyed your pic of Bill Johnson's Big Apple Restaurant sign. That was the 1st restaurant that I ever ate at in Phoenix back in 1963 when our family moved there. It wasn't new then, and it has survived for another 44 yrs and I assume it is still going strong out there on Van Buren St. I love the deep dish apple pie, which is a favorite of mine and many that go there for dessert. Now I'm hungry! :D

Hey Joe,

Great PICS as always and especially enjoyed your pic of Bill Johnson's Big Apple Restaurant sign. That was the 1st restaurant that I ever ate at in Phoenix back in 1963 when our family moved there. It wasn't new then, and it has survived for another 44 yrs and I assume it is still going strong out there on Van Buren St. I love the deep dish apple pie, which is a favorite of mine and many that go there for dessert. Now I'm hungry! :D

Funny you mention that Kurt. I drove by there n the way to the airport tonight... Joe, you didn't stay down there, did you?

Funny you mention that Kurt. I drove by there n the way to the airport tonight... Joe, you didn't stay down there, did you?

Hell No! I stayed on Van Buren once in '92 at that Old Kon Tiki Hotel on 24th before they tore it down. Very Historical Hotel I found out later, but that area was Scary! The Good news is they are slowly tearing all those Hourly Motels out of that area.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back