Phoenix Accident (1 Viewer)

shoe

1944 to 2023
Nitro Member
On behalf of everyone at Don Schumacher Racing, I want to express my heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of the victim of yesterday's tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends. There are simply no words to adequatley express our feelings, but we can assure you that we and NHRA are conducting a thorough investigation to determine how this happaned.

DSR is one of the leading advocates in NHRA for safety, and we will always continue to be so. Safety is and always has been our paramount concern. Therefore, we intend to do everything in our power to carefully investigate this matter as efficently and thoroughly as possible. We ask for your patience, and assure you that we will have more to report as information becomes available to us.

In the meantime, we extend our sympathies and ask everyone to keep the victim of yesterday's tragedy, as well as her family and friends, in your thoughts and prayers.

Don Schumacher

Don,

Everyone involved in this is in my thoughts and prayers. I know everyone is grieving over this tragedy. I (as I hope most do) understand that accidents happen and that no one is ever completely safe. When it's your time.....it's your time.

I'm not an insider like most of you on here, but I have been a lifetime fan of drag racing and most other forms of racing. Racing is a dangerous sport for the participants and to some degree the fans that attend....freak things can and do happen from time to time.No matter what the safety improvements ( and the NHRA has done an awesome job in regards to improving safety ) things can still go wrong. The death of a driver or a fan is a terrible thing and I pray for the family of this woman...and I pray for all of you that have pick yourselves back up and get back to the business of racing.

Don,
Please know that we are thinking of you, your team and especially Antron during this devastating time.
We also send sincere condolences and prayers to the lady who lost her life yesterday and to her family for having to deal with such an awful tragedy.

Your a class act Don. Thank you for taking the time to come on here and express your feelings regarding the matter and we just all want to wish you, DSR, the Matco Team and especially Antron the solitude to remain strong and get through this tragic time together with strength. There are a lot of us behind you guys. Good luck.

Thanks for posting Don. Was definitely a sad tragedy, thank God it was not worse. Condolenses to the family and friends of all that were effected.

Don,
You truly are a class act. Don't try to take on the blame. It was an unfortunate accident that sometimes happens in our sport.
My sympathies are with everyone involved.
Prayers to all,

Thus far, I have only heard the news reports and want to offer all involved my sincerest condolences.
I do have one question. I have been asked by a number of people (including mywife) "exactly" where did the fatal accident occur? I am not trying to get any other details but would appreciate that information. Thank you in advance and again I send my condolences.

Thank you Don... thinking of the lady and her family and keeping them in our prayers.. as wel as Antron and you guys...

Billy

Thanks for posting, Don. Antron, you, your teams and the family and friends of the woman are all in my prayers.

Thus far, I have only heard the news reports and want to offer all involved my sincerest condolences.
I do have one question. I have been asked by a number of people (including mywife) "exactly" where did the fatal accident occur? I am not trying to get any other details but would appreciate that information. Thank you in advance and again I send my condolences.

I would like to first say don my thoughts and prayers are with you and the whole dsr team! This has been a tough deal on the whole racing community! Also my thoughts and prayers go out to the famliy of the lady whos life was taken yesterday! As for your question mel the accident occurd in the first pit spot after the last set of grandstands on the pit side of the track!

My heart sank this morning when I opened up my computer and there on Yahoo was the story blaring out from the page. My reaction was- please don't sensationalize and distort this story. This was a terrible accident and I hope people from the outside don't make a circus out of it and in the process damage the credibility of the sport we all love.
My condolences to her family and friends. And my thoughts are with Antron and DSR

God bless you, Don. We will keep you, your teams, and especially Antron in our prayers. Our condolences also go out to the family and friends of the lady who lost her life in this most unfortunate tragedy.

My deepest condolences for all involved, this has to be a tough time for you Don, as well as Antron and the whole team, you race hard, and sometimes things just happen.

Hopefully we will learn something from this tragedy and be able to prevent it from happening again.

Thanks for your post.

Darrell

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back