Les Paul Passes Away at 94 (1 Viewer)

Smiley

Nitro Member
New York, NY…August 13, 2009…Les Paul, acclaimed guitar player, entertainer and inventor, passed away today from complications of severe pneumonia at White Plains Hospital in White Plains, New York, surrounded by family and loved ones. He had been receiving the best available treatment through this final battle and in keeping with his persona, he showed incredible strength, tenacity and courage. The family would like to express their heartfelt thanks for the thoughts and prayers from his dear friends and fans. Les Paul was 94.

The World Has Lost a Remarkable Innovator and Musician: Les Paul Passes Away at 94

Rest in peace Les.. Your legend will carry on!

He was a music pioneer and a legend. I heard a great celebrity interview/tribute piece (Eddie Trunk I believe). Ace Frehley, Slash, Zakk Wylde, Peter Frampton, Neal Schon, Richie Sambora and others were all commenting on what a great man he was.

wow, what a loss.
not only for what he brought to guitars, but probably more so what
he did for advancing recording techniques.
truly a legend in the musical arena.

Lucky enough to have met the legend back in 1982 at a rehersal jam session by a bar band I was working for back in Mahwah, New Jersey. Seems he was the neighbor of the keyboard player, and came over one evening because he said he was digging the sounds coming out of the basement.... as you can imagine, the guitarist in the band, who happened to be playing a vintage black Les Paul pretty much **** himself...:D

R.I.P. to a true music legend

Go to this link, buy the DVD, and you'll thank me after you play it.

American Masters Series
Les Paul: Changing Sound.
$24.99

You can also get it at Amazon.com
for $18.49.

I don't know if the Amazon issue is as complete.

Go to this link, buy the DVD, and you'll thank me after you play it.

American Masters Series
Les Paul: Changing Sound.
$24.99

You can also get it at Amazon.com
for $18.49.

I don't know if the Amazon issue is as complete.

If you have a Netflix account they have it as part of thier streaming videos.
I watched last week and it was a very good documentary on Les Paul.
His ex-wife Mary Ford had a beautiful voice. In the movie it shows some videos of Les Paul playing the guitar and Mary singing. The movie also shows how he came up with the multi track recording that is still used today.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back