Antron Thoughts and Prayers (1 Viewer)

The Little Lizard

Nitro Member
Thoughts and Prayers for Antron Brown, his family and Schumacher Racing as their was an incident at Atlanta just now. Antron seems to be fine the car basically totaled** :( The capsule/canopy worked wonderful and the safety equipment did its job perfectly-great response time by the safety safari-hats off to them for a job well done. Don Schumacher runs a first class operation and they will learn from this and be back soon and stronger!

Last edited:
Just tuned in to the live feed for a moment. Basically, nearly identical to the Pomona crash from last year. He's shaken but not hurt, glad to see that.

Was very relieved to see Antron get out of the car and throw his gloves at it. NHRA cancelled the rest of the racing for tonight, the track is too cold/dew is setting in ...

Now for the good news, Antron went to #2 on that run and it will stand per the Eddie Hill rule.

Last edited:
Just saw a poor quality vid of the run. Looks like the engine let loose and right tire came apart?

I was watching on ESPN3 and looked like a flame and sparks THEN the tire came apart. SCarry stuff,Antron poped out and was PISSED! Throwing the gloves,glad all the safety things worked and he is OK and was talking to his crew and they did a big prayer circle it looked like.
HAte to see that happen to anyone.

It will be interesting to see how they can perform with the back-up car. Losing a car that has been so good this year must be a real bummer.

It looked to me like the mud flap broke or something broke it and pieces took out the tire. I just saw one replay at real speed but that is what it looked like to me. Anyone else see that?

I saw a link to a vid last night and haven't watched it. All I know is he walked away. All I need to know.

It looked to me like the mud flap broke or something broke it and pieces took out the tire. I just saw one replay at real speed but that is what it looked like to me. Anyone else see that?

Motor went boom in a big way first. Everything that happened was a consequence of that.

Curious if ANY indication of debris hitting the canopy. Might be something for NHRA to consider for better driver safety

Antron mentioned on TV that the wing smacked the canopy so he was glad that it was there. In a wreck like that you just KNOW that something would be making it's way into the driver's cockpit. That would make me want the canopy for sure...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back