O.O.P. fc bodies (1 Viewer)

I think any body approved for competition should be available for purchase by anyone who wants one. No exclusives because smaller teams can not afford the R&D to make their own bodies.

But Randy, is anyone else running the Mustang body? Is it more about exclusive, or more about OOP just making the one Mustang body style?

initial thought when first reading this article was one of exclusion, but privately
funded r&d with a new manufacturer should yield a certain degree of exclusivity;
hopefully for only a period of time?

But Randy, is anyone else running the Mustang body? Is it more about exclusive, or more about OOP just making the one Mustang body style?

No Chris...no one is running one because no one can purchase one (a Mustang) per some sort of arrangement between the Ford only teams.

It costs a lot of $$ to wind tunnel test designs, get NHRA approval and make a mold. Jeff Burnett tried to make bodies independently several years ago and the factories shut him down. If Dodge, Toyota and Chevrolet all had the "exclusive" attitude what bodies do you think Bode, Densham, Downing, etc., would be able to run? A Citroen?

Larger teams have some degree of factory support while smaller teams pay full price. To be fair (and to allow smaller teams the ability to compete on somewhat equal footing) I think any body accepted for NHRA competition should be available for purchase at a fair price to anyone who wants to run it.

JMHO

RG

Thanks, Randy, I was unaware of that. But I thought everyone hated the Mustang body and didn't want it anyway (or was that the PS body?). Or am I wrong about that too? Would you run a Mustang body if it was available to you?

Thanks, Randy, I was unaware of that. But I thought everyone hated the Mustang body and didn't want it anyway (or was that the PS body?). Or am I wrong about that too? Would you run a Mustang body if it was available to you?

In TA/FC it's not an issue. I have a Monte Carlo on my car and Keeter's car (I am running his operation this year) has a Mustang. Both have positives and negatives but at least the alky racers have a choice.

RG

I thought everything was available as long as you were willing to pay for it. I know the mustang body is for ford teams only but others like Mopar lists the dodge charger body in their catalogue.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back