Nitromethane supplier of NHRA in 2019 (1 Viewer)

Correct me if i am wrong but isn't this why NHRA pulled the Montreal even from its schedule? I think it had something to do with the Canadian government being dicks about the NHRA bringing in leaded fuel into the track or something.
I believe that's correct Sam.

I had been to all their National events up until then.

Our illustrious government of the day refused to allow leaded fuel in race cars, despite the fact that planes and farming equipment all used leaded fuel.

Cooler heads prevailed later and this was reversed, but once NHRA exited SanAir there was no going back.

I've been going to Epping ever since, through the IRHA days and now NHRA.

You think the nitro gave them trouble, talk to CNC machine operators about Chinese aluminum billets.
Soooo true. I work for an aircraft manufacturer and we typically specify US-only material. But someone in purchasing decided to price shop and bought some 17-4 stainless from Slovenia and after putting many many hours into machining the parts, they were sent through NDT and then into the dumpster after failing the non-destructive testing. Total failure and very expensive.

Think when Chinese cars will finally make it to USA. People will buy them cuz they less expensive and then find out ya get what ya pay for. I think some GM cars or SUV's are made in China & imported here. Not sure about that, but....

The Buick Envision is made in China. There were talks about importing the Cadillac CT6 from China once it stops being made here but 45's tariffs put the kibosh on that one.

NOTE: Just because something is made in China, doesn't means it's automatically crap. As long as there is someone from corporate monitoring the QA, should be fine.

NOTE: Just because something is made in China, doesn't means it's automatically crap. As long as there is someone from corporate monitoring the QA, should be fine.

The cars made by Chinese manufacturers are going to be just fine because it is going to be stolen intellectual property from all of the manufacturers that have setup shop there.

Wasn't it the Angus Plant in Louisiana that blew up years ago?

and yes the Chinese Nitro was different, we use 100% and mix it down ourselves.
Different process for making it from the "good old days"

That’s the way I mixed it. Take it straight from the drum, pump it into churns and then mix the methonal in and bring it down to 94%. The first batch of Chinese nitro that came out was pretty bad. Had a unique smell.

The Buick Envision is made in China. There were talks about importing the Cadillac CT6 from China once it stops being made here but 45's tariffs put the kibosh on that one.

I have had a lot of experience in China product, being in tool and equipment industry for 40 yrs and just to let you know there is no China product in my household. There product is horrendous and should not be allowed in this country, just ask Tim McAmis about China made product !!!

I realize this is apples to oranges to nitro but they had a pretty chilling story on the news this morning about the illegal purchase and use of nitrous by teenagers here in Southern CA. They did a bunch of raids on some of the auto repair shops that were selling nitrous to the kids. There has been a lot of fatalities because the kids inhale the product and pass out while driving their cars and then crash into other cars. They showed video of the kids taking their bottles into these shops after hours to get them filled and then as soon as they would get back in their car everyone would start inhaling it. They want to stiffen the laws for the purchase and use of nitrous. I wouldn't be surprised if this would impact the use of nitrous for racing in the future.

Unless they changed it, there are 2 formulations of Nitrous, medical and what is used in racing.
I guess the "kids" in question don't care.

NItrous Supply where I get my N2O here in SoCal, is very strict on refills!

I realize this is apples to oranges to nitro but they had a pretty chilling story on the news this morning about the illegal purchase and use of nitrous by teenagers here in Southern CA. They did a bunch of raids on some of the auto repair shops that were selling nitrous to the kids. There has been a lot of fatalities because the kids inhale the product and pass out while driving their cars and then crash into other cars. They showed video of the kids taking their bottles into these shops after hours to get them filled and then as soon as they would get back in their car everyone would start inhaling it. They want to stiffen the laws for the purchase and use of nitrous. I wouldn't be surprised if this would impact the use of nitrous for racing in the future.
I used to get my bottles filled at Arcata Auto, which is in one of the most liberal college towns ever. One time the guy at the counter told me about some college kids who according to him, didn't look like car guys, but he filled their bottle anyway. The next day, they returned demanding a refund, pissed that the nitrous had sulfur in it. They claimed that it would hurt their valves, etc and threatened legal action. The guy telling the story and I had a good laugh and wished we were there when the excited party goers expecting a good high got a good whiff of that sulfur smell!

But I agree, people selling medical grade nitrous will just make it harder for anyone to get the automotive-grade stuff.

The bulk nitrous folks I've dealt with over the years check you out pretty good. The AirGas folks had stories of people who could filter the sulphur off and sell $1 small balloons of it to people looking for a quick escape. Street racers have it the roughest, when you go in and carry out 4 mother bottles at a time .... and the distributor comes and looks you up at the racetrack occasionally, you aren't going to have any problem. The distributor is the one who watches out for his livelihood.

I have had a lot of experience in China product, being in tool and equipment industry for 40 yrs and just to let you know there is no China product in my household. There product is horrendous and should not be allowed in this country, just ask Tim McAmis about China made product !!!

I guess you must have a nearly empty house considering just about every product made is produced in China or another Asian country. Iphones (Unless you are an idiot and mess up a jailbreak) and most other Apple products are typically rock solid, guess what? Made in China! Now if I can buy from American made sources awesome but you really need to blame your fellow American for insisting on only wanting to buy cheap sh*t from Walmart for the reason why so many goods come from China!

I guess you must have a nearly empty house considering just about every product made is produced in China or another Asian country. Iphones (Unless you are an idiot and mess up a jailbreak) and most other Apple products are typically rock solid, guess what? Made in China! Now if I can buy from American made sources awesome but you really need to blame your fellow American for insisting on only wanting to buy cheap sh*t from Walmart for the reason why so many goods come from China!

South Korea, Japan, Mexico and on. I can guarantee you that I have nothing made I China. Look at what happen to Apple and there I phoned not selling. American people aren't stupid, because of humanitarian treatment of there people and crime the communists bastards are losing. Buy all you want not me !!!

That’s the way I mixed it. Take it straight from the drum, pump it into churns and then mix the methonal in and bring it down to 94%. The first batch of Chinese nitro that came out was pretty bad. Had a unique smell.

That's the way we do it as well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back