"NHRA World" coming soon (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't mind seeing a NHRA "World Series" ... with National Events in Australia (WSID and/or Willowbank), the middle east (Qatar, Bahrain and/or Abu Dhabi), the Nitrolympx at Hockenheim, maybe Santa Pod if they did some upgrades and traditional events in the US. We are probably still several years from that, and the logistics would be troublesome and expensive, but it isn't anything that couldn't be overcome.

There are several tracks here that either can't wait to get rid of the NHRA (Pomona, ETown) or may be shutting down (Chicago) or are just junk (Commerce). If the logistics and costs can be amortized correctly, it could make sense to do a Aussie-Middle East swing to start or end the season, and hit Europe sometime in the Summer.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind seeing a NHRA "World Series" ... with National Events in Australia (WSID and/or Willowbank), the middle east (Qatar, Bahrain and/or Abu Dhabi), the Nitrolympx at Hockenheim, maybe Santa Pod if they did some upgrades and traditional events in the US. We are probably still several years from that, and the logistics would be troublesome and expensive, but it isn't anything that couldn't be overcome.

There are several tracks here that either can't wait to get rid of the NHRA (Pomona, ETown) or may be shutting down (Chicago) or are just junk (Commerce). If the logistics and costs can be amortized correctly, it could make sense to do a Aussie-Middle East swing to start or end the season, and hit Europe sometime in the Summer.

That would really take some doing. I read on the Unlimited site that it took the better part of a month to get the boats there and it will be the same to return. Call it at least 6 or 7 weeks min, RT :eek:

Maybe Con Air could fly em :D

Last edited:
These boys are motorsports crazy and obviously are not running out of money!

Not surprising, they have been racing anything they can against each other probably since camel racing was popular.

My dad was the product support manager for the Lockheed L-1011 program and in the 80s he probably went 15-20 times to the middle east for these sheiks to buy up L-1011s. Saudi bought a few and then every big player out there had to have his own :D

We are complaining because the price doesn't have to be that high.

sounds like you know what to do then . . . create an alternative fuel source.

Then maybe you would be so lucky as to have people whining about the prices you would charge.

At least you are headed in the right direction . . . competition/free market is the only sane approach to making everyone happy.

I would think that the costs would be fairly prohibitive for something like that; I don't think I could see someone like Virgil having the money to schlep across the world with car, trailer, etc., in tow. Now, if you want to take the top 2 (or so,) from catagory from each country/division at the end of the year and have them meet for the "World Championship", that *might* be a little more affordable.

Not surprising, they have been racing anything they can against each other probably since camel racing was popular.

My dad was the product support manager for the Lockheed L-1011 program and in the 80s he probably went 15-20 times to the middle east for these sheiks to buy up L-1011s. Saudi bought a few and then every big player out there had to have his own :D

Hey Tyler... Both my parents worked on some of those deals too in the 80's (remodeling the planes for the sheiks).

Small world.

I would think that the costs would be fairly prohibitive for something like that; I don't think I could see someone like Virgil having the money to schlep across the world with car, trailer, etc., in tow. Now, if you want to take the top 2 (or so,) from catagory from each country/division at the end of the year and have them meet for the "World Championship", that *might* be a little more affordable.

I specifically stated the costs and logistics would be troublesome, and that we are at least a few years from even considering it. Good news is they wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel to do it, F1, CART, IRL, DTM, ALMS, Porsche Super Cup etc have all done "fly away" races very efficiently.

All that is needed to pull this off is planning, leadership and vision ... that is if the will even exists to do it. I am fully aware that the teams or NHRA may not even want to do it. I just think it would be cool if they could pull it off.

My only point is, if there is a desire to do it, it can be done, and it would only be good for drag racing as a whole.

The US buys our oil from Canada and Mexico with South America coming up third .

Anyone with the need for speed as those guys do and who appreciate motorsports as much as they do can call me friend !
I'll bet we can find things to talk about in common !

If the Sheik and his friends want to become further involved in drag racing, then that's great, but it would seem to me that Glendora should worry about getting mainstream America to realize NHRA exists before they talk about "going global".

The amount of spending that Dubai does comapred to other nations suchs as Qatar is rediculoud. They are building the Dubai World Islands, have the palm tree shaped island thing, currently building tallest building, indoor ski mountain, huge atlantis resort and on and on and on....

I worked in a machine shop in Irving Texas in the early seventies where we made the landing gear assy. for the L 1011's .
Yes they were quite an airplane ! I also worked on the F 111 fighter bomber !
It was the first all weather / all terrain attack fighter/ bomber .
Airplanes and race cars ! You gotta love em !

As long as you pay 3 bucks for a gallon and "we" pay 8.50 a gallon for it in Europe there is no reason to complain about fuel prices.
Except for the peak in 07 oil prices have been around USD 75 for 5 years.

It's not our fault your governments tax the crap out of you on gas now is it?;)

We are complaining because the price doesn't have to be that high. It is being artificially increased by corrupt speculators and our corrupt politicians (best ones money can buy) are letting them do it. Plus, a lot more of our economy revolves around transportation, especially the delivering of products to retailers.

But if the corrupt politicians will let us drill for our own oil, we won't have to worry about the price of OPEC oil. But then, follow the money trail and you will know why we aren't being allowed to drill for our own oil.

You ever hear about supply and demand? ;)
And just an FYI for you the US buys a very low percentage of its oil from the Middle East we buy most of our crude from South America you need to do your home work!:p

If you want to look at it your way we supply most of the jobs in China and Egypt! LOL

Why is it everytime I read the title of this thread I have this picture John Candy and the Griswolds? Err never mind.:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back