FIA Top Fuel Champ coming to the USA! (1 Viewer)

I remember how fast he was in Alky FC's, the costs have to be Huge coming over!

His Alky FC is still quick in the hands of Fast Freddy Fagerstrom. Hell he won the championship this year with it.

Urs takes his racing very seriously and will have Glenn Mikres helping out between him tuning the Kalitta FC.

One thing on that Geiger report, Andy Cater now holds the European record.

Urs worked really hard to win the title this year along with what every racer needs. Luck.

Good luck Urs, you wont miss him he is even bigger than Doug Herbert.

The mans a Viking!

Any European questions fire away...

Dan

Yep, Leif still runs.

He runs a Stratus body now designed by Roush as the previous body (ex Gary Scelzi Oakley Time Bomb car) had to much downforce and affected the car.

Leif won his home race at Mantorp Park, Sweden and is now sponsored by the Swedish Armed Forces! Swedens answer to Tony Schumacher i guess.

Here is his car today:
RS0028412.jpg

Pic by Richard Stirling at www.topnitro.co.uk

Another note,

Adam Flamholic will be racing Pro Stock at the same tow events as he has purchased Justin Humphreys car. He has run Steve Scmidt power all year and has ran very well for his first year.

He is part sponsored by Amalie Oil, a lot of teams over here seem to be sponsored by them now.

Andy Carter is a Lucas Oil man though, running the same scheme as Morgan.

When will Evan Knoll make it over here?

Good luck Urs, you wont miss him he is even bigger than Doug Herbert.

The mans a Viking!

Urs is Swiss, but definitely in Viking mould. Well-named: 'ursus' = latin for 'bear'.

Sorry, i know Urs is a Swiss but i meant to say he looks like a Viking.

Don't be afraid of his towering stance, the mans a true gentleman and we spoke for a while on Saturday night. The gentle giant gave my brother some bearings still covered in oil, some pretty damaged piston rings and a signed card.

Great guy! Go Urs!

just my opinion, and observation. The cost to bring your car over here and run isn't cheap, however, as we have this growing global economy, and the U.S. dollar is weakening, not to mention drag racing becoming more self sufficiant in other countries, the playing field isn't as lopsided. The costs involved are not as high in a relative sense as it was years ago. I'm sure that the favorable exchange rate between the Euro and Dollar helps more to do this than it was just 10 years ago.

Today, guys like Erbacher and others from Europe and Australia have a better chance at doing well over here. No doubt that the game has been raised outside the US when it comes to drag racing.

True. I'm not certain how the US $ stands against the Euro just now, but the rate against the UK £ is beneficial to us Brits. Neither should affect Urs & his team, I guess -- Switzerland, like UK, still has its own currency; unlike UK, it's still an independent nation, not part of the European Union.

Pleased to say I have just booked my plane ticket to see Urs in action at Vegas and Pomona. Nothing new in these Europe-to-NHRA trips, though. Clive Skilton and Dennis Priddle were racing NHRA at Ontario in the early 70s. My first trip to spectate was 1974. I seem to recall the exchange rate then was a massive $2.40 to the UK Pound, much higher even than now and wonderful for us.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back