"NHRA World" coming soon (1 Viewer)

Instead of Indy, maybe NHRA is moving to the middle east.
Then the brass at the top would make more money??
Get more air miles wih all the flying etc.

LOL

figures its more guys from the middle east....there the only ones left with any money:p

The Emir of Qatar is reportedly in negotiations with Bruton's company to build four NASCAR style tracks - in a country the size of Massachusetts - :eek:
These boys are motorsports crazy and obviously are not running out of money! - :D

Maybe the Aussie's too, wouldn't rule it out! You know the corporate types they have to grow the thing (sport) to show progress. That's just part of their deal, and to some degree it makes sense. Just hope they do it right!
:);)

HAHAHAHA. Dude, it is not YOUR money, it's not your land. GET OVER IT!

Also have you ever looked at a world map? Perhaps you should.

I know it's not our land, but it's our money due to the very high (and unnecessary) prices they charge us for oil. They have more money than they know what to do with and they still have no problem charging us high prices.

I'm surprised no-one has commented on the bit about DSR building 4x TF and 4x FC for another member of the Middle Eastern royal family. There's a new series right there.

Mark.

Like it or not, in the last few years, ENTERTAINMENT has been one of America's healthiest export sectors.

'Kinda surprised NHRA hasn't exploited this sooner.

FWIW: It wouldn't bother me (well, THAT much) if the Sheik bought NHRA - He seems intent on doing it right. It will take money to make professional level Drag Racing a world class sport (and, right now, Formula One is vulnerable.)

PS: Has anybody seen some of the racing facilities in the mid-east? They are palaces!

Time to get used to it I guess. ABRA is racing Unlimited Hydros in Qatar this weekend. They shipped 10 boats & haulers over. Can you say $$$. Live stream on their site during the race. Here's the link if anyone is interested. Some good reading on Qatar, etc. American Boat Racing Association - Home

Last edited:
I know it's not our land, but it's our money due to the very high (and unnecessary) prices they charge us for oil. They have more money than they know what to do with and they still have no problem charging us high prices.

The high pricing that affects us directly is from the refining and exploratory corporations of British Petrolium, Exxon/Mobile and Shell Oil. OPEC has a market priced established product thats price is constantly being jacked up by Wall Street speculators. Do the Arab nations profit? Yup. But they aren't the only ones.... take a gander at some of the oil folks from Texas, Montana and Alaska....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The high pricing that affects us directly is from the refining and exploratory corporations of British Petrolium, Exxon/Mobile and Shell Oil. OPEC has a market priced established product thats price is constantly being jacked up by Wall Street speculators. Do the Arab nations profit? Yup. But they aren't the only ones.... take a gander at some of the oil folks from Texas, Montana and Alaska....:rolleyes:

As long as you pay 3 bucks for a gallon and "we" pay 8.50 a gallon for it in Europe there is no reason to complain about fuel prices.
Except for the peak in 07 oil prices have been around USD 75 for 5 years.

As long as you pay 3 bucks for a gallon and "we" pay 8.50 a gallon for it in Europe there is no reason to complain about fuel prices.
Except for the peak in 07 oil prices have been around USD 75 for 5 years.

We are complaining because the price doesn't have to be that high. It is being artificially increased by corrupt speculators and our corrupt politicians (best ones money can buy) are letting them do it. Plus, a lot more of our economy revolves around transportation, especially the delivering of products to retailers.

But if the corrupt politicians will let us drill for our own oil, we won't have to worry about the price of OPEC oil. But then, follow the money trail and you will know why we aren't being allowed to drill for our own oil.

can anyone comment on the dragstrip @ yas marina in abu dabhi?
circuit was completed this year and just hosted the F1 finale.
the place is a jaw dropper.

or the newly resurfaced strip @ qatar racing club in doha?

Last edited:
I watched that F-1 race in Abu Dhabi, not caring about the race, because I was in awe of the facility. It looks like something with CG effects created in Hollywood in the 21st century. The architecture is so far and above any racing facilty Iv'e ever seen, anywhere. I hope some day to see it in person, race or not.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back