NHRA to skip Seattle in '07? (1 Viewer)

Only one thing about the article you may or may not know about. As a former dirt biker, Motocrossers are known as "riders" not "drivers". Bikers get kinda pissy when it is said that a motorcycle is driven and not riden.
LMAO! Being the proud rider of a Honda crf-230, I tend to agree. :D

Motorcross is SOOO Lame, I could do it blindfolded! I offered to go riding with kelly, but she refused! She probably thinks I'll show her up........:p

I loved the Real Estate ad in the middle "Priced from the 600's up"!

I saw that too and I bought a similar size house last year and I thought $400,000 was high. This is one of the reasons why I never want to move to the West Coast. I will plan to make the trip to Seattle one of these years.

I saw that too and I bought a similar size house last year and I thought $400,000 was high. This is one of the reasons why I never want to move to the West Coast. I will plan to make the trip to Seattle one of these years.

Its unbelievable where real estate prices have gone in the Puget Sound area in the last few years. I fail to see how people can afford to live around here these days. Myself included.

I bought a new house in January of this year in Gig Harbor after jumping on the bandwagon and selling our house in North Tacoma. There would have been no way I could have afforded Gig Harbor if I had'nt sold the Tacoma place for twice what I owed for it.

BTW, 400 K will only get you a starter house around here now!:eek:

That was a great article, Kris! I look forward to following the ongoing issues regarding the King Co. permiting process for the Fioritos. Its going to be a tough process but it sounds like they are up to the task. Good luck, Jason.

Only one thing about the article you may or may not know about. As a former dirt biker, Motocrossers are known as "riders" not "drivers". Bikers get kinda pissy when it is said that a motorcycle is driven and not riden.

I thought I would help you with that tad bit of minutae(sp?) for any of your future articles.

Good job. We could use alot more writers like you in these parts. You could easily replace Holly Cain (motorsports writer of the Seattle PI) tomorrow with that kind of work.

*racks brains*

Did I call motocross riders drivers? Seriously? Well, if that's your only nitpick, sweet. It was a brain freeze, I must say, on my part. I will remember that for future articles. I'm not terribly familiar with motocross. Yet, though. Heh.

Thank you for the praise. I will start sending clips to the PI in an effort to get Holly Cain's job. LOL
I've been writing under the radar here for 3 1/2 years now, but with the Covington/Maple Valley Reporter, I'm just starting to get noticed.

The housing prices have gone nuts. My house in Maple Valley has gone up $100k in value in just about two years. I'm hoping that if we stay in it two more years, we'll get $450k for it and then go buy a house outright. Heh. Or put a nice down payment on one, pay off my student loans, take a nice vacation and then I could get the silver Corvette I've always wanted.

Thankfully, the heat has disappated. In fact, it's a shame the race isn't this weekend. Today it's cloudy and considerably cooler. There could have been some great qualifying runs made this afternoon up here. Ah, well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back