NHRA President Glen Cromwell Announces Lawsuit Against The Coca-Cola Company (1 Viewer)

I don't understand the opinion that "my racecar doesn't know who I voted for"....if you choose right and the economy does great and taxes are down, the racing is easier. More people can participate, tracks do well and sponsors give money more freely to racers. If you choose unwisely and taxes go through the roof and the economy tanks, your racecar will be asking you "WTF did you do?" 🤨

I don't understand the opinion that "my racecar doesn't know who I voted for"....if you choose right and the economy does great and taxes are down, the racing is easier. More people can participate, tracks do well and sponsors give money more freely to racers. If you choose unwisely and taxes go through the roof and the economy tanks, your racecar will be asking you "WTF did you do?" 🤨

You do realize our National Debt has gone up two trillion dollars in the past year or more. Who do you think gets to pay for that?
No matter which party wins taxes will go up no matter what else happens because the taxpayers will get the short end of the stick again.

Jim Hill

Found this on Competition Plus
1600888978807.png

I agree...I work in the southbay and I can say I see Mikes equipment and services everywhere...especially on the sites that the GC invests in their people...I knew this fact before, but I can say Mike does everyrhing first class....his trucks equipment and yes even his porta potties are top shelf...even his honey trucks look just like his race rig used to...painted pinstriped and powder coated...guy is a maniac...in the best way possible....like the old saying goes..."nothing works like work"

I agree...I work in the southbay and I can say I see Mikes equipment and services everywhere...especially on the sites that the GC invests in their people...I knew this fact before, but I can say Mike does everyrhing first class....his trucks equipment and yes even his porta potties are top shelf...even his honey trucks look just like his race rig used to...painted pinstriped and powder coated...guy is a maniac...in the best way possible....like the old saying goes..."nothing works like work"
I can confirm this. Before the pandemic, I traveled to the Bay Area quite a bit. Back home, your trash and recycling trucks looked just like what they were picking up...honey wagons, forget about it. Salinas' equipment looked like it just rolled out of the paint shop.

Why is it NHRA and Marcus keep tweeting back and forth?

Clifford and Cromwell should have been on a plane or atleast the phone in constant communication with this fell from the sky into your lap savior 2 days ago.

I don't get it.
It's time to wipe and get something done.
Who's to say they haven't? Just because we can only see the tweets doesn't mean there hasn't been other communications - it's not as if they need to be posting their phone records for us.
I think the response from the NHRA on Twitter was excellent - rapid and very good creative I thought. And I'm sure far more has gone on behind the scenes.
This is a positive situation, let's be positive!

We have no idea what is going on between the two parties. They may already have an agreement in place and Camping World is biting trying to make it public. Maybe Camping World is only offering 75% of what NHRA wants/needs and is trying to pressure them into taking a lesser deal. Being he is a Florida guy and NHRA is in Florida this weekend, I would expect the timing of all the news this week could very well be tied together. I’m sure the Coke breakup wasn’t out of nowhere and this deal may have been done before the lawsuit was even announced. If the deal with Camping a World doesn’t happen I would think the financials wasn’t what NHRA needed. They definitely aren’t dumb enough to pass on a sponsor who would be willing to meet their financial demands in 2020.

Don't marry the first guy with pants on" was good motherly advice.
THere are a LOT of companies who could afford &5 million (or a multiple of that number), NHRA ought to be very diligent and deliberate in the selection of a new marketing partner. Heck Schumacher Electric could handle that figure. It's got to be a long-term and mutually beneficial/complimentary deal.

FWIW: I'd LOVE to see Budweiser back with the NHRA!

THere are a LOT of companies who could afford &5 million (or a multiple of that number), NHRA ought to be very diligent and deliberate in the selection of a new marketing partner. Heck Schumacher Electric could handle that figure. It's got to be a long-term and mutually beneficial/complimentary deal.
I couldn’t see a millionaire putting up that much of their net worth, but there are connections to billionaires out there like Patron/Paul Mitchell.

With the money coke has and the low yearly amount they pay (against their worth) I'm surprised they didn't avoid the legal fees and drama and toss some money at NHRA and walk away. Hell paying out the rest of the deal would have been 17ish million. Toss NHRA 10 and walk away.

By the documents, they had already told NHRA they were not going to renew after 23 so I would assume NHRA was already searching for a new partner. The twitter stuff was ok at first, seemed to generate interest and get people excited. Then when it went to Hey NHRA where you at, it looked like they were dropping the ball. Tons of people were trying to jump in to get sponsored. It got silly.

Don't know who this camping world guy is, but if he sponsors our sport, I'm a fan (and also a camper)

With the money coke has and the low yearly amount they pay (against their worth) I'm surprised they didn't avoid the legal fees and drama and toss some money at NHRA and walk away. Hell paying out the rest of the deal would have been 17ish million. Toss NHRA 10 and walk away.

By the documents, they had already told NHRA they were not going to renew after 23 so I would assume NHRA was already searching for a new partner. The twitter stuff was ok at first, seemed to generate interest and get people excited. Then when it went to Hey NHRA where you at, it looked like they were dropping the ball. Tons of people were trying to jump in to get sponsored. It got silly.

Don't know who this camping world guy is, but if he sponsors our sport, I'm a fan (and also a camper)
Look up the TV show "The Profit". It is the Camping World guy's reality show.

Not exactly a fan of Trump the person, but if anyone and I mean anyone tries to tell me how to vote or who to support and if I don't not to do business with him...WELL HE DOESN'T NEED TO WORRY WBOUT ME EVER SUPPORTING HIM, HIS BUSINESS OR ANYTHING HE'S INVOLVED WITH even if I like who he' supporting.

Reflecting on sitting in the grandstands at OCIR in the late sixties, at 11pm, surrounded by 30,000 like minded car-o-holics, watching a couple of top fuelers push off toward their appointment with their respective destinies.

How did we get to this today?

Reflecting on sitting in the grandstands at OCIR in the late sixties, at 11pm, surrounded by 30,000 like minded car-o-holics, watching a couple of top fuelers push off toward their appointment with their respective destinies.

How did we get to this today?

Mark Watkins:
The answer to your question is there are not enough people who love the same thing we love.
Some young people love drag racing but not like back in the 60's or 70's there just not that kind of excitement for them. Everything is electronics and gaming today.

If you have an old car you love once you try to sell you will find the same thing just not enough old-timers left who want to buy old cars.

Jim Hill

In the "old days" the track operator not only had drag races, they also had jet cars, stunt planes, pretty girls, wheel standers and all kinds of other things beside drag racing to entertain the fans. Nobody goes to the circus just to see the clowns. They started promoting the race long before (weeks) the show. We got guaranteed show up money so they could use our name, hauled the car around for appearances in advance of the races, the driver did radio and tv interviews the list just goes on. Doesn't happen much now even for Nat'l events. We even pulled the car in a college homecoming parade prompting the race the next weekend. It takes a partnership approach between the track operator and the racers for it to work. IN SHORT WE/THEY PUT ON A SHOW. If we didn't we didn't we didn't get asked back.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back