Norwalk Official Announcement. (1 Viewer)

I'm in lower Michigan about 2 hours Northwest of Norwalk. The rain this spring has been absolutely relentless. We had a track side site at the Division race in May and there were major rain issues at that event as well. There were multiple RVs, haulers and travel trailers stuck. We also have a track side site for Summit Nationals. I received a phone call today that all camping except track side is closed for Summit Nationals. Fortunately we are safe. This rain is having a catastrophic effect on this event. I feel terrible for the Bader family and all the racers and fans effected. I'm lucky that I will still be attending the event but it it will be very odd with so many classes gone. One side of the pits will pretty much be empty. I'm 55 and I've never seen rain like we've seen this spring.

This is all the NHRA's fault! Who the hell would schedule races in this part of the country during such a rainy season?

Anyone know if the oft mentioned on this weekends FS1 race telecasts "buy 1 ticket get the 2nd half off, if purchased by midnight tonight, * at particpating tracks" applies to Norwalk?? That would be nice with $60 per ticket + $6 additional per ticket for electronic (phone) or self printed +$1.75 processing. I can't find any reference to this offer on NHRA.com or the NHRA FB page??

I'm assuming the spectator parking will be good enough, considering all the rain?? Columbus was rescheduled one year, unbeknownst to some out of town spectators, who were told to leave upon arriving at the gate, even though they were running/ran sportman racing if i remember correctly. This was before today's advanced mobile technology... and yes there was lots of water in spots.

This is all the NHRA's fault! Who the hell would schedule races in this part of the country during such a rainy season?

Obviously, You haven't been to Maple Grove? They move the race schedule for that one and still get rain!

Anyone know if the oft mentioned on this weekends FS1 race telecasts "buy 1 ticket get the 2nd half off, if purchased by midnight tonight, * at particpating tracks" applies to Norwalk?? That would be nice with $60 per ticket + $6 additional per ticket for electronic (phone) or self printed +$1.75 processing. I can't find any reference to this offer on NHRA.com or the NHRA FB page??

I'm assuming the spectator parking will be good enough, considering all the rain?? Columbus was rescheduled one year, unbeknownst to some out of town spectators, who were told to leave upon arriving at the gate, even though they were running/ran sportman racing if i remember correctly. This was before today's advanced mobile technology... and yes there was lots of water in spots.

Select the race you want to buy tickets for on the NHRA website and the discount is shown in the price.

NHRA website takes you to Summit website for Norwalk tickets, no discount shown at checkout. Thanks for the reply.

You are just playin’, right?
It was obvious to me he was joking ....

A few weeks ago I drove 450 of the 500 mile trip to the Tulsa divisional only to get a text that the race was cancelled. I knew our Division director was up there trying to make it work, and he made a call. We refueled and went back home. Plan for us was to go to Norwalk this year, but we scrapped it in favor of Belle Rose where the Alky cars are running and I can have some face to face conversations with a few people. Glad they made a timely call ....

You are just playin’, right?
Yes, was just reading how NHRA was at fault for power issues in Bristol so figured they should take the blame for not being able to predict the weather 1 year out when they make schedule.

It was obvious to me he was joking ....

A few weeks ago I drove 450 of the 500 mile trip to the Tulsa divisional only to get a text that the race was cancelled. I knew our Division director was up there trying to make it work, and he made a call. We refueled and went back home. Plan for us was to go to Norwalk this year, but we scrapped it in favor of Belle Rose where the Alky cars are running and I can have some face to face conversations with a few people. Glad they made a timely call ....
Are y'all coming to No Problem this weekend since you love that smooth track.
;)

When I went to Norwalk for the divisional earlier this year, I was quite thankful to be on the paved side of the pits. From the rumors I'm seeing on FB, it's now quite a bit worse than it was then. It's certainly unfortunate for the racers who have to plan their weekends in advance and perhaps it would have been nice for the announcement to be made a little earlier (I don't know what the final straw was for them to make the call), but it's definitely the correct decision. I would have withdrawn if I were entered in a class on the grass side this weekend.

Last edited:
This year has been strange for weather across the country. I've lived in Arizona 38 years and never seen weather like we had. It was about 20 degrees cooler than normal up until end of May & we never get that. Also lotsa snow in N. Arizona even up to May. My family in College Station, Texas got slammed last night with a big storm. Knocked out the power, etc. That's about 1.5 hours N of Houston. I was glad Houston didn't get another major flood like a few years ago.

When I went to Norwalk for the divisional earlier this year, I was quite thankful to be on the paved side of the pits. From the rumors I'm seeing on FB, it's now quite a bit worse than it was then. It's certainly unfortunate for the racers who have to plan their weekends in advance and perhaps it would have been nice for the announcement to be made a little earlier (I don't know what the final straw was for them to make the call), but it's definitely the correct decision. I would have withdrawn if I were entered in a class on the grass side this weekend.

Yep I got notice last week that the campgrounds are closed for this year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back