NHRA Official Qualifying Changes (1 Viewer)

...The problem with moving Saturday to a night session is you would also have to move Sunday's start time up to allow the teams to prepare and rest up for game day.

Rest up??? Come on- if Nitro runs from 7-9 and PS goes 9-11, there's a whopping 12 hours to make the turn around..

Jeez.. this isn't the wusses over in baseball we're talking about. When did all this get so pussified??? There used to be races with 60 nitro cars trying to make either the A OR B Main on Saturday night so they could come back on Sunday and race 5 rounds. And that was AFTER match racing at a track 200miles away on a Friday night...

ya know if car counts are going to be done like many fear this may all be for nothing anyway

When did all this get so pussified???

I was thinking about this myself and asking the same question. It's happened slowly over a period of time, and must be a reflection of today's society, as whole.

"Level the playing field", "must make it fair for everyone", "mustn't keep score", or someones feelings will be hurt, or self esteem damaged, etc., etc.

It's truly sad that this type of mentality has seeped into the sport.

Come ready to play, or go home! :D:D:D

The only thing I worry about is that this is making an already confusing sport even more confusing. I think they should take the top 4 from each session.

You took the words right out of my fingers, Billy. Between the Countdown and this qualifying change, I don't think there is a chance any new folks will actually understand drag racing. If it's difficult for seasoned veterans, think about the first time attendee. ;)

Rest up??? Come on- if Nitro runs from 7-9 and PS goes 9-11, there's a whopping 12 hours to make the turn around..

Jeez.. this isn't the wusses over in baseball we're talking about. When did all this get so pussified??? There used to be races with 60 nitro cars trying to make either the A OR B Main on Saturday night so they could come back on Sunday and race 5 rounds. And that was AFTER match racing at a track 200miles away on a Friday night...
Yeah, and the between round maintenance was to cool the block, change the oil and set the timing on those antiques.........:D

Yeah, and the between round maintenance was to cool the block, change the oil and set the timing on those antiques.........:D

Yes, and we also took the pan off after two or three runs, added Nitro, & maybe drank some adult beverage too. Might have to lap the exhaust valves for Sunday.
PS, speaking for the Geezers here, I think "classics" sounds better than "antiques".:D

You guys do know that the antiques, er, uh, um, classics, are making a comeback, don't ya? Runnin' pretty damn well, too.

Lot's of new/old stuff being built. Already running 8 & 16 car events. In a couple of years we may be able to see a 32 car F/C or T/F show again. Wouldn't that be something? Might even be better and more exciting than the "big show". Just think, the F/C's don't look like a big water drop on it's side. Big % and max cackle. Dry hops. All the good stuff.

Fox Hunt anyone? :D:D:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back