NHRA, if this is true, I'm outta here... (1 Viewer)

No surprise here at all. I have nothing against alcohol, but this is exactly what has to happen in order to be able to put together a good LIVE TV package. Until they can do a live show NHRA will continue to get crappy time slots and be bumped by poker and spelling bees. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to have pro only national events.

I think that you hit it right on the head....Here is something else...Now, mind you, I am not as familiar with the alcohol classes as many of you here, so please understand that the following is NOT reflective of any opinions that I may have on them...

That being said, the Friday ticket is about $25-$29.....Of the three days (Fri/Sat/Sun), Friday is the least attended....If they were to make it into a two day show, my guess is that they would probably raise the ticket prices on Saturday by $10-$12, but I do think that the attendance would increase on those two days, as well...Ultimately, I would say the gate would be the same..They would qualify with all four sessions on Friday - maybe 12:00/3:00/7:00/9:00 or thereabout?

Because of the increase in attendance, the concessions would be the same...

Also, this CERTAINLY would play to being able to run Saturdays telecast where the 4th session was live, and that would be excellent for the show...I think they need to try to negotiate a better time period on Sundays so that they can do the same thing...I remember a few races a couple years ago where they were tight on time, and this caused them to run the finals live, and I thought it was awsome! It didn't look overproduced, and I thought it was the best I'd ever seen for Drag Racing....

IF HD is going the way of NASCAR then they plan on making all their money on Sunday. I have gone to Dover and they run the trucks on Friday with Busch and Nextel qual. NOBODY in the stands. SAT is practice and the busch race half full at best. SUNDAY packed to the hilt. I was given tickets $20 for Friday, $45 for SAt and $130 for Sunday. Do the math $195 dollar weekend.

PS. HD is buying TF FC PS PSB not TAD or TAFC or anything else. I would not be shocked to see most events reduced in time. It costs all the teams money for everyday they are there. I can see a series for the pro's and a sportsman series that cross paths a couple times a year. Look at the Open's that are happening. They giving the same points as a national event, just not the money.

This is a FREAKIN' RUMOR

Heavens to Betsy.

Untwist yer BVD's until its fact.

REX

When crew members are talking about it in the TA pits, I'd say something strong has been passed around, like I said in my post on page one, it's not something we'll see the next season or two, but the talk of it is in the pipeline.

true enough hopefully it is just a rumor, I just prefer not to keep the blinders on though

Yeah.........I heard next year (by a reliable source):cool:

That It will be the KFC Drag Racing Series and all classes must run on Chicken Fat................

OH NO!!!!!!:eek:

Better DO sumthin' now...........

Oh..........sorry.

COMPLAIN...........I meant........................

REX:)

When crew members are talking about it in the TA pits, I'd say something strong has been passed around, like I said in my post on page one, it's not something we'll see the next season or two, but the talk of it is in the pipeline.

No matter what..........its a rumor, sorry.

REX

Yeah.........I heard next year (by a reliable source):cool:

That It will be the KFC Drag Racing Series and all classes must run on Chicken Fat................

OH NO!!!!!!:eek:

Better DO sumthin' now...........

Oh..........sorry.

COMPLAIN...........I meant........................

REX:)

HEY THAT'D BE GREAT!!! The smell of nitro and kfc, probably better for the enviroment plus a big name sponsor. you may actually be onto something:D

I would say the percentage would be directly tied to finding out if KFC will be supplying saturated fat, polyunsaturated fat, or trans fat....I got that from the Col. himself (at a seance)

Oh, well, that is quite easy

T/CF and TCF/FC...............90% saturated. (Top chicken Fat)

What is now the alky classes will run pure polyunsaturated

And trans fat for all the former gas classes.............

See.......simple:)

REX

Oh, well, that is quite easy

T/CF and TCF/FC...............90% saturated. (Top chicken Fat)

What is now the alky classes will run pure polyunsaturated

And trans fat for all the former gas classes.............

See.......simple:)

REX
Thanks Rex!!! I got it all straight now--sounds like a great plan--Glendora, are you listening???

Jim Gunther hit the Nail on the Head, lets wait and see if this is True before we all get in a Tizzy. I know I'll be cutting my involvement with NHRA WAY down if this happened.:confused:

However something tells me this is a ploy to Sportsman racers, find a class sponsor or your out! I know that may sound far-fetched, but any Investor firm is always going to be looking at the Bottom line. And that very thing happened over in IHRA with the Alky Floppers.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back