Sportsmen @ national events (I'm just sayin') (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
Seems to me if all 7 divisions are running Top Sportsman and Top Dragster, it's time to find a way to have a national championship for them and include them in the big shows.

I mean, Super Street gets to race at several Powerade/Full Throttle events, why not TS/TD? I know they throw the TS racers a bone at Atlanta, but c'mon.

They need to standardize the field among the divisions, whether 32, 48, or 64. For Nationals, I would rather see 32 or 64 than 48. I do not like bye runs.

Or. AT LEAST have a Jeg's All Star category for TS/TD, since every division runs those categories.

Yes, I know there are pit space issues. Yes, I realize if TS/TD run at nat'l events, that means the other categories may get to run several fewer national events per year.
However, in the big picture, it would be great if NHRA would have a national championship system for TS/TD just like they do for the other sportsmen classes.

Just my 2cents worth.

Seems to me if all 7 divisions are running Top Sportsman and Top Dragster, it's time to find a way to have a national championship for them and include them in the big shows.

I mean, Super Street gets to race at several Powerade/Full Throttle events, why not TS/TD? I know they throw the TS racers a bone at Atlanta, but c'mon.

They need to standardize the field among the divisions, whether 32, 48, or 64. For Nationals, I would rather see 32 or 64 than 48. I do not like bye runs.

Or. AT LEAST have a Jeg's All Star category for TS/TD, since every division runs those categories.

Yes, I know there are pit space issues. Yes, I realize if TS/TD run at nat'l events, that means the other categories may get to run several fewer national events per year.
However, in the big picture, it would be great if NHRA would have a national championship system for TS/TD just like they do for the other sportsmen classes.

Just my 2cents worth.

YOU'VE GOT MY VOTE, THESE CLASSES ARE FUN TO WATCH FOR FANS, AND THEY'RE FAST.:cool:WORTHY OF NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP,*YES*:D

I am all for running TD and TS at national events but in my opinion there doesnt need to be a qualified field of 32, 48, or 64. Just do an all run. Just like I said would happen, now that NHRA/IHRA have gone to qualified fields the price of running one of these cars has even skyrocketed more. To make the field at the IHRA race a few weeks ago, 6.80! Not to be No 1 qualifier, just to make the field. To be #1, you had to run 5.80's! Thats a freaking TAD for crying out loud. To run that fast you have to have a bigger motor which means more money, you have to have nitrous which means more money and more parts eventually, etc etc etc. You have to have faster and more safer cars. It just goes on and on.

Putting them in the big show will raise the price of racing. Like Justin posted, there are 5.80 cars already and a 6.80 bump will drive away cars like mine.

Either let them all run, or, implement a minimum e.t. like a 6.80 or so.

Putting them in the big show will raise the price of racing. Like Justin posted, there are 5.80 cars already and a 6.80 bump will drive away cars like mine.

Either let them all run, or, implement a minimum e.t. like a 6.80 or so.

Excellent post, we're in the same boat as well. Would love to run TD but can't make a field with a 6.80 bump...

Excellent post, we're in the same boat as well. Would love to run TD but can't make a field with a 6.80 bump...

Same here Christopher, I've tried to talk dad into running the division races but there's no sense b/c our car only runs 7.30's and he's a bracket racer at heart so he doesnt want to go any faster. Matter of fact, he tunes it down and it only runs 7.70's most of the time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back