Columbus- hope NHRA uses common sense (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
I check the NHRA entry lists regularly.

Without exception, if you look 2 weeks before an event, then look a few days before an event, you will see several drivers who were entered in the sportsmen ranks pull out.

NEVER fails. Trust me on this. Yes, I know guys can enter, but that is not the pattern.

Next week, the Sportsnationals entry list in Columbus looks like this (just 7 days away). Keep in mind this is scheduled to be a 3 day event:

Stock- 22
Super Stock- 25
Comp- 7
SG- 24
SC- 16
S/St- 26
TS-8
TD-5

Now, I'm not sure what leeway NHRA has in regards to altering qualifying schedules, but assuming 100% turnout, even allowing for 10% more entries (unlikely at this point), I say ditch Friday and Sunday.

Everyone gets 1 qualifying/time run 9am Saturday.
Round 1 at noon. All done by 3 at the latest.
There is no need to drag this out to three days with no more entries than they have.

Just my 2 cents worth of common sense.

Michael

Last edited:
First off, with a SS/AH Hemi Challenge race, there's no way there's only going to be 25 total Super Stockers there. Not to mention, national event contingency money being paid, national event points being awarded, and only needing one grade point to pre-enter by the 15th, there's no way that count is right. Maybe there's a glitch or something.

Are you sure the Sportsnationals is an event that has to be pre-registered for?

National Events you have to but this isnt exactly a national event. Therefore you have to keep in mind that a lot of drivers might just show up and not pre-register.

Whats the point of making it a one-day event?

Nearly all classes cannot be based on one round of qualifying. If they could, dont you think the LODRS races would have gone to this format along time ago?

Last edited:
Are you sure the Sportsnationals is an event that has to be pre-registered for?

National Events you have to but this isnt exactly a national event. Therefore you have to keep in mind that a lot of drivers might just show up and not pre-register.
You don't have to, but you can. I got my info off of another board. If you have one grade point, you can pre-enter and it costs a little bit less. Otherwise, you can just show up at the gate and pay the little bit extra (I think it was $25). It said anyone can enter at the gate.

Whats the point of making it a one-day event?

Nearly all classes cannot be based on one round of qualifying. If they could, dont you think the LODRS races would have gone to this format along time ago?
Absolutely. Though three days seems to be a bit much sometimes.

You don't have to register in advance online....BUT it's $25 cheaper if you do. Grade requirement is only nescessary for those who sign up online. $210 online - $235 @ gate.

Never fear...there will be many more entries. ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back