NHRA and the FC Chassis rules?? (2 Viewers)

I'm not going to get in the middle of this one again. You know it alls should call Del and ask him about his career behind the wheel and how more than once in his life he's lost 50% of the tire at 300 plus MPH and it nearly beat him to death, but the CHASSIS DIDN'T BREAK. No where, no place. Including his 3X endo at Pomona in the sand. This has been a specific problem with a specific chassis builder with a specific team who is now writing the freakin' rule book. It's total insanity.

The only chassis to fall to pieces are from the same guys who are now writing the rules for the builders who've had no problems. This one chassis builder can't even keep the steering boxes from falling off their cars so now EVERYONE has to mount theirs like Mr. Chassis builder says. The steering box mounts now look like you plan on using it to lift the complete car off the ground with it.

Where some of you guys get your info, guesses or whatever is beyond me. No matter what Keith or anyone says, no other chassis buiders have had cars self destruct. NONE. Take that to the bank.

To save all you the trouble of rehashing the same ol' BULL SH!T including Keith, read this:

http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/10854-prominant-fc-chassis-builder-speaks-his-mind.html

AMEN AMEN AND AMEN!!!!

How many of you RACERS own dogs with the tail is in the front and the poor dogs head is in it's a$$. Logic and common sense.........use them, they work.

I'm not going to get in the middle of this one again. You know it alls should call Del and ask him about his career behind the wheel and how more than once in his life he's lost 50% of the tire at 300 plus MPH and it nearly beat him to death, but the CHASSIS DIDN'T BREAK. No where, no place. Including his 3X endo at Pomona in the sand. This has been a specific problem with a specific chassis builder with a specific team who is now writing the freakin' rule book. It's total insanity.

The only chassis to fall to pieces are from the same guys who are now writing the rules for the builders who've had no problems. This one chassis builder can't even keep the steering boxes from falling off their cars so now EVERYONE has to mount theirs like Mr. Chassis builder says. The steering box mounts now look like you plan on using it to lift the complete car off the ground with it.

Where some of you guys get your info, guesses or whatever is beyond me. No matter what Keith or anyone says, no other chassis buiders have had cars self destruct. NONE. Take that to the bank.

To save all you the trouble of rehashing the same ol' BULL SH!T including Keith, read this:

http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/10854-prominant-fc-chassis-builder-speaks-his-mind.html

yea but your forgetting one thing Randy,,,,,, acording to many of these keyboard crewchiefs, ,JFR, and the certain chassis builder walk on water!

...a specific chassis builder with a specific team who is now writing the freakin' rule book. It's total insanity. ...
Total agreement from me!!

I just about puked when I got my copy of the updated 10.4 spec and it stated cars had to use the included revision details or the specific chassis builder's modification! Granted, they gave you and option... but to call out a specific builder by name is a huge conflict of interest. Especially when that builder is the one driving the changes.

Randy,
I just wish you would let it out and quit holding back your real feelings. LOL

Thank you for your straight talk! *****footing around this issue, especially the heat treating issue is eventually going to be far uglier than it is even now.

GD hasnt ran faster than 5.00 either Joe. I agree that it seems to be a JFR issue but as a whole something needs to be done. If it saves one person it was worth it. And I agree with Mike M, who else is going to do it? NHRA sure isint. Though I understand the arguement from both sides.

Justin, Grant Downing has built EVERY Chassis team Worsham has used for 7 years!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back