Chassis Failure, Not Team Force (2 Viewers)

You are Correct! The parts houses can sell anything that they want to who ever they want. As a mater of fact, I'm not sure that there is any FAA survailance requirements other than Coordinating Agencies for Supplier Evaluation” (C.A.S.E.) for air carriers. That is definatly worth some research.

The particular supplier is a convenient 20 miles away (with a branch on the east coast also) and they NEVER question what the application of the material.-Could even use it for an "ugly stick" to beat.....

Yeah, my Dad and Mom order chromoly from aircraft spruce and all the years they beat me with 4130, not one tube ever showed up all gouged or anything.
Cut to dimension, ridiculoulsy easy to order, and at our address the next day.

Ordered some last week, need more, gonna order some on Monday.

:D

I've been real happy with AED Motorsports.

As for certified materials, the last I was in the aerospace, a supplier can inventory non-certified materials, but must be physically separated from the certified stuff. Most major suppliers maintain only the certified stuff, too much trouble to keep separated, cost involved usually out weight any gains and most purchases are for certified anyway.

My question is, how about the weld filler rod and welder certs?

I can't overall bad mouth Aircraft Spruce- was there last week to buy carbon cloth and resin and have to go there Mon for tubing- but the fact is - a quote years ago by Roger Lamb is appropriate in speaking about the principal of a major chassis component mfr-"he doesn't spend enough time in the back room".
I've also received .083 when I plainly ordered and was invoiced for .058!

Glad you survived the beatings, Paul- they musta used .049 or thinner!

As for certified materials, the last I was in the aerospace, a supplier can inventory non-certified materials, but must be physically separated from the certified stuff. Most major suppliers maintain only the certified stuff, too much trouble to keep separated, cost involved usually out weight any gains and most purchases are for certified anyway.

My question is, how about the weld filler rod and welder certs?

Coat hangers and Bubba? That is a REALLY good question! Some Maters have paid for the specs - are either of these issues addressed?

FYI....I just put in my order for a new dragster with a new chassis builder....BOEING got the nod!

jOkA!:cool:

The new spec gives approved filler rods. No others will be accepted. I do not have the cert as it is at the shop. I will bring it to the office monday if no one posts the approved list before then.

Steve brought up a good point, do the SFI rquirement align with the FAA standards?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back