News on Bob? (1 Viewer)

I hope he is doing ok. I saw the false reports of his passing. I don't know where reports like that come from. People shouldn't report stuff like that without confirmation.

God bless and hoping for the best for him. Got to meet and talk to Bob back in 97 I believe when he was driving a Firebird for someone, who's name I can not recall. Still have and wear the hat he autographed for me there. He was surprised that I wanted his autograph. Very classy guy and a pro stock genius.

A friend of mine (a life long drag racing fanatic) attended his very first National event at Phoenix in 2004. He spotted Bob Glidden wandering through the staging lanes and asked him for his autograph. (Bob was not racing that weekend) Bob seemed genuinely surprised that someone wanted his signature..... He signed it "Thanks, Bob Glidden" My friend and I thought that was pretty cool back then, and it seems even more special now looking back at that day.

Prayers to Bob Glidden and family.

I was at Gainesville when he was running the 79 Arrow. I asked if he minded if I took pictures and all he said was please no pictures of the cylinder heads in the trailer.(there was a set of W-2's on the bench) He was VERY nice about it and I told him I just wanted pictures of the car and engine,which he opened the doors of the Arrow so I could get my photos.I did give him a hard time jokingly about having a Ford oil filler cap on the small MoPar engine. Again,very nice about it. I also got some close up pics of him working on the red T-Bird,and as always,he was very gracious.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back