Hall of Fame NHRA Pro Stock driver Bob Glidden passes away (1 Viewer)

bob-glidden.jpg

So sorry to hear, he came along at a time when hard work was worth more than a million dollar budget. And nobody could outwork him. Very grateful I got to know him, on and off the track. I even gave him a ride to the airport in my 1967 Mustang one time. I will always remember that day...... #Legend

Alan

A legend that I didn't give enough credit to over the years because I disliked Ford so much back then. I hated to see him win against the GM cars. Looking back I now appreciate how hard he worked to be able to accomplish what he did. He was definitely one of the very best and seemed like a real genuine, down to earth, good guy.

Very sad news! Condolences to Bob’s family and friends.
NHRA and Pro Stock lost one of it ‘s legends and he was a icon in my opinion.
Back when Pro Stock meant something and the peak of manufacture’s wars!

Pro Stock has passed along with Bob, the hardest working competitor the class had.
Condolences to his family and friends.

Long gone are the days when a Ford dealer line mechanic can work hard and win in NHRA pro stock racing. Bob Glidden's work ethic proves there is more to racing and winning than having a pile of money. He was a humble guy and will be missed. Prayers for the entire Glidden family.

glidden_2.jpg

Competition Plus image

Don't remember the race or what year but the motel we were staying at had a bomb scare and there was Bob Glidden in the parking lot at 3 am in his pajamas signing autographs. Class act all the way. Condolences to his family. Sad day.

Dang, I hate waking up to news like this.
It didn’t matter what kind of car he drove, he won with it.
He was the best.
R.I.P. Bob Glidden.

Truly a class act. I remember at the Spring Nationals in 1988 I snapped a picture of Bob's car-that awesome red Probe- backing up from his burnout. A friend of mine at the time ran a photo shop and the picture was so good I had him enlarge it. I took it to the US Nationals later that summer and after Bob has finished prepping his car for the next round, dirty hands and all, came over to the ropes and signed my picture. I waited there for a good hour, but he came right over thanked me for being patient, complimented my work, and happily signed it. It is still displayed in my basement to this day. Great man and he will be missed. RIP Bob!!

I'm a Chevy guy through and through, but I always had a tremendous appreciation and respect for Bob Glidden. Was able to speak to him and shake hands a couple of times over the years. I still remember visiting with Etta Glidden one year at the Cajun Nationals while watching her rebuild a Lenco. We are losing our legends at too fast a pace. RIP Bob. My condolences to Etta, Rusty, and Billy and may our Lord comfort you in this time of great loss.

Ugh. Like a punch in the stomach. When I think of pro stock, I think of hardcore guys like Bob Glidden and his hard work, dedication, knowledge, commitment, and sacrifice for this sport that I love. Thank you Mr. Glidden. :(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back