Billy Glidden crashes (1 Viewer)

I hope he is able to return to racing. I read that the car was old, so if he gets a new car, could be a blessing in disguise.

If he was in an old car would this mean he has a tight budget and may take a while to get back out once he's healed up or no.

If he was in an old car would this mean he has a tight budget and may take a while to get back out once he's healed up or no.

Super tight budget unfortunately.

That video was crazy, he knocked the wall out a good 6 inches and it was very tough to listen to Shannon trying to get Billy on the radio.

Get healed up Billy, worry about the car later.

Looking at the video it looks like he never gave up trying to steer it in the right direction. If you watch closely, so many of these types of wrecks show the driver never reacted, never steered into the slide, and the car went where the front wheels were pointed. Not with Billy. Maybe we should start a Go Fund Me page.

Ribs are slow healers, if they wanted to plate there may be a flail segment or at least worried about taking down a lung which sounds like they are already contused. Lungs heal faster but the Likelyhood of re-injuring is high until the ribs are stable. They will hurt pretty bad for a while after the are stable enough to race probably, guess he could do the turtle vest like Anderson.

With the bruised lungs, Coughing is gonna be a mutha with cracked ribs. Get Well Billy because cars are replaceable and you're Not! .

Is Greg still wearing that "turtle shell" in which he swore by? I would think that would be kinda a bulletproof vest for the ribs.

Ribs, most painful thing I ever hurt, bruised them good, everything you do you are in pain
Yep. I've had a cracked rib and a cracked sternum. Breathing hurts. Laughing hurts more. Coughing is prolonged torture, and a sneeze is like someone hitting you where it hurts the most.

Going on 7 weeks of just bruised ribs and they still hurt but to a lesser extent now. Like Bob Orme said Laughing, I'm grabbing my side. sneezing I double over. I sleep on my right side so when the inevitable toss n turn happens... Instant wake up and good luck falling back asleep for a while. Best wishes for speedy recovery for everyone who is in pain.

I cracked my Sternum many years ago and it is no joke. Just lifting things let alone a cough or sneeze. Also bruised my tail bone once and that isn't fun either. That one seemed like an eternity to heal.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back