New Snake Rumor (1 Viewer)

Wonder why? Vonage wants $25 a month and others like Skype charge $15 per year. Many others are free with a very low charge by the minute.

I am a Vonage customer and I have nothing but good things to say about my service. Compared to what I was paying with SBC (now AT&T), I am very happy with the service.

If you can land a cellular sponsor I would think it would be a much better way to go than say, an auto parts deal.

Snake quote from Froscher's Forum

Don Prudhomme: Right now, the first order of business is making our new sponsor of Larry Dixon's Top Fuel car happy with the association. That would be cool.
You got that right, Snake. And keep them as happy as you did Miller Lite for all that time.

Uhhh, did you read Norm's disclaimer at the bottom of the article? That wasn't a quote from Prudhomme.

what would be funny is for the team to show up at the first test session with everything still painted "miller" colors and the anouncement that miller decided to stay.

what would be funny is for the team to show up at the first test session with everything still painted "miller" colors and the anouncement that miller decided to stay.
actually, if they switched brands to the original Miller beer, what a more
appropriate time to use the slogan "Now It's Miller Time";)

Don Prudhomme: Right now, the first order of business is making our new sponsor of Larry Dixon's Top Fuel car happy with the association. That would be cool.
You got that right, Snake. And keep them as happy as you did Miller Lite for all that time.

I hope that Snake does get a replacement sponsor for Miller as the guy is an icon and Larry seems to be one of the most liked guys on the tour.

I do hope that they revise their hospitality arrangement though as what me and two friends got in Pomona was below par, considering we were guests of Miller Brewing.

The facilities were great and food and refreshments were provided (including all the Miller Lite you wanted), however we never even got so much as a sideways glance from Don or Larry the whole weekend Fri-Sun.

Having never been to a Drag Racing hospitality area before I expected, at a minimum a little souvineer bag of sorts, maybe a hat, a pin and a signed hero card. I also expected a little personal of group interaction with both Don and Larry.

The trinkets I am not so fussed about as I go to the races for the atmosphere and the people. However, I think that if you want to make an impression on these people, especially guests of your sponsor, you should have the two stars of the show have some sort of interaction with the guests.

This may be all null and void as it was the last race of the season, not in the points chase, last race with Miller Lite and not yet secured for next year, I don't know.

However, I hope to see them back out there next year.

I hope that Snake does get a replacement sponsor for Miller as the guy is an icon and Larry seems to be one of the most liked guys on the tour.

I do hope that they revise their hospitality arrangement though as what me and two friends got in Pomona was below par, considering we were guests of Miller Brewing.

Two points.
First, my son was a guest at the Denver race and was treated to all the hospitality plus some firsthand Snake stories. Already a big fan, he is now a lifer.
Second, if you think about it, this is the first time in a very long time that Don has had to pursue a sponsor. That takes a lot of energy, especially when deals get close but are not finalized. The last race of the year and still not certain of plans probably explains his preoccupation.
As they say, my two cents .............

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back