New Schumacher crew chief (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

I hope Prock stays at Force's. As far as Dick LaHaie, I love the guy but I just don't see him meshing with the Schumacher style. What's Bob Brandt doing these days? Wasn't he over ther back in the Exide days?

Dave
Bobs working out here in So Cal

Bob Frye said in his article it's going to be a "WOW!" speculation? I would love it if it was the man himself, Big Daddy Don Garlits, learning to tune a modern Top Fuel car. With all those resources behind him it shouldn't take him too long to get the hang of it again.

That's certainly the sentimental choice, but I can assure you he's not available. He'll be at out Musclecar Reunion and Nostalgia Drags this weekend at KCIR. He's told us that he'll soon need to stay home to take care of Pat. Plus...he's having way too much fun to take on that amount of work. He can hang out at his shop and fire up a Swamp Rat, light 'em up on the parking lot, just for the fun of it. It's a great gig these days in Ocala. He just finished a new generation HEMI Swamp Rat...blown, on nitro. He's still got it!
;)

Of the above names only Jim Head makes me go WOW! That would be neat. I omit anyone from Force's Camp because I don't believe that would happen. But that to would make me go WOW!

How about Pops Worshem for a put that in your pipe and smoke it WOW!

My money was originally on Beard, but that wouldn't necessarily be a WOW. I agree that it won't be Dicko. His style doesn't fit Shoe's team at all. He's more of a finesse tuner.

Leebone

I want to start by saying that I have no inside info, and Bob Frey and I discussed it this past weekend (comparing rumors). This is just meant to be a little food for thought.

How would you like to step in after A.J. leaves? After he won five consecutive PowerADE Championships, if you don't win the Title, what would your excuse be?

Alan

Last edited:
I want to start by saying that I have no inside info, and Bob Frey and I discussed it this past weekend (comparing rumors). This is just meant to ba a little food for thought.

How would you like to step in after A.J. leaves? After he won five consecutive PowerADE Championships, if you don't win the Title, what would your excuse be?

Alan

Well, does AJs log book stay with the team? My guess would be that it doesn't, but if it did, that would help immensely.

I want to start by saying that I have no inside info, and Bob Frey and I discussed it this past weekend (comparing rumors). This is just meant to ba a little food for thought.

Alan

Those are some bis ass shoes to try to fill.

Personally I dont think you'll see anyone from the lansing camp or Yorba linda camp. I dont persoanlly know anybody from either team but from a spectator standpoint those teams are like families and there's more to life than money.................If I had to guess..........Beard.......... although I think its a mistake.

For the record, Prock already worked for Shoe, and quit before the season even started. Don't hold your breath. :rolleyes:

I'll say Beard.

I admit it wouldn't make me say "Wow!," but where is Keith Adams these days? He's an Alan Johnson protege and whereas he wouldn't necessarily be able to fill his shoes walking in the door (then again, who can?), he can do the job. He tuned Kalivoda to a few 4.40's and top half qualifying spots with a limited budget a couple years ago running the Coghlan Motorsports car.

first off i woild like to welcome myself back!!!!!!:D:D

How about TODD O going to Capps and The ACE tuning Tony??? (father vs. son????)
Maybe not but its fun to play these games

Oh btw guess i was right about some things;);)

Got a bit of info on another former team owner but i will just keep it to myself since ppl here cant handle the truth, pm me if you like to know

also i worked with Tony Shortall <spelling and Jim Marcellus at toliver racing in 2001 I personally think Jim would make a great crew chief. not a WOW!!! factor though

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back