New Schumacher crew chief (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

I think it would be interesting to see Don Schumacher tune Tony. He's quite intelligent and very capable of doing such with proper tutelage.
Think about it:

* He'd save more money than most could comprehend.
* There'd be nobody from the top of his organization to question his results.
* He'd be saving a ton of cash.
* He wouldn't be apt to consider replacing himself during the learning curve.
* There would be more money to go around
* There would be no shortage of understanding as he learned the ropes
* Personalities would be less of a concern
* They'd be saving so much money.
* Don might be harder on himself but nobody else would dare.
* Did I mention the cash?

Last edited:
Well, does AJs log book stay with the team? My guess would be that it doesn't, but if it did, that would help immensely.

I know for a fact that at DSR all the teams cars and haulers are open for any other crew chief, crew member, and driver to look at all they want. BUT-- The US Army Hauler and Dragster are locked up at all times and the only person that has the keys are Don and AJ.

I think it would be interesting to see Don Schumacher tune Tony. He's quite intelligent and very capable of doing such with proper tutelage.
Think about it: * He'd save more money than most could comprehend.
* There'd be nobody from the top of his organization to question his results.
* He'd be saving a ton of cash.* He wouldn't be apt to consider replacing himself during the learning curve.* There would be more money to go around* There would be no shortage of understanding as he learned the ropes* Personalities would be less of a concern
* They'd be saving so much money.* Don wouldn't might be harder on himself but nobody else would dare.* Did I mention the cash?

Doc - great strategy! AJ could start tutoring Shoe at Richmond - three remaining races should get Don fully up to speed on tuning - :D
And . . . savings with no hired crew chief coupled with the huge prize money they can win at each 2009 race would help Schumacher Electric get through the current economic crisis. Since Shoe has nothing else to do, I'd say this makes perfect sense. WARNING - this is an attempt at humor on my part - I can't vouch for what Bobby is thinking! - ;)

how about Kim Richards leaving KB and tuning Shoe. Not like she hasn't got the talent
A real crowd WOW would be Graham Light do the tuning--lol
Didn't he tune and drive long ago??
just my wow factor--lol

I hope Prock stays at Force's. As far as Dick LaHaie, I love the guy but I just don't see him meshing with the Schumacher style. What's Bob Brandt doing these days? Wasn't he over ther back in the Exide days?

Dave

Don't know what he's doing but I noticed he was logged on here last night and I've never seen him post on here before. Checking out the rumour mill perhaps?

Give Paul Smith some top shelf money and he would be a championship crew chief for sure....
He tunes cars w/out the latest gadgets and gets them into every field he shows up at....

Some good guessing here but:
Pop Worsham sounds like he's ready for a little break. (wants to bowl)

Coil leave JFR??....... Thats like AJ leavin DSR. ........(oh wait.....):p

Jim head has said many times he wants to tune / not drive. Very possible:cool:

But with the "WOW" as a hint: I would guess Dick LaHaie. He's had some time off and just may be ready to come back, for the right deal. ;)

Last edited:
I know for a fact that at DSR all the teams cars and haulers are open for any other crew chief, crew member, and driver to look at all they want. BUT-- The US Army Hauler and Dragster are locked up at all times and the only person that has the keys are Don and AJ.

I think this is a bit odd. Are they trying to hide something beside the tune-up? Kinda strange.

Dave

I think this is a bit odd. Are they trying to hide something beside the tune-up? Kinda strange.

Dave
Odd, Yes I completely agree with you 100%. But it is very TRUE!!! I don't think that AJ is trying to hide something other than the Tune-up. I mean let's face it the man is a Genius/Einstein!!! Wouldn't you keep all your secrets to yourself??? AJ will take his Secrets to his grave.. I can't believe that DSR didn't have enough $$$$$$ to keep AJ. Don't try and even tell me that place isn't a Gold Mine!!!!

Well, does AJs log book stay with the team? My guess would be that it doesn't, but if it did, that would help immensely.

I would be willing to bet that the log book goes with AJ. And even if it does stay, it probably wouldn't do much good. From what I've been told AJ runs some different pieces on the ARMY car that will probably be removed when he leaves, thus making the log book ineffective. I know that if I were a current crew chief I don't think I would like the added pressure of stepping into his shoes.

Last edited:
I will not ruin your fun. let the speculation continue

Nobody has even mentioned Bob Frey.

C'mon Shoe, fess up on this one.....I have figured it out.

He hires Frey who pretends he knows nothing and Paul Page as assistant crew chief. The first announcer crew chief ever.

All I can say is WOW!

Nobody has even mentioned Bob Frey.

C'mon Shoe, fess up on this one.....I have figured it out.

He hires Frey who pretends he knows nothing and Paul Page as assistant crew chief. The first announcer crew chief ever.

All I can say is WOW!

"Just show me the way to the turbocharger!"
:D

Don, I'm sure you're having a riot following this stuff. Maybe this has been touched on, but I remember reading that Tony said he wouldn't mind bringing up someone new even if he took a beating for a season or two during the learning curve, which I thought was kind of a cool attitude to have. Aside from obvious people, is there anyone out there with crewchief aspirations that hasn't been mentioned yet?

And Doc, you bring up good points, but did you also stop to think about the money Shoe would save?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back