**NEW-Proposed NHRA sanctioned Tulare super drag strip financing details revealed (1 Viewer)

The Little Lizard

Nitro Member
A more complete explanation of proposed NHRA Tulare Super drag strip financing, marketing and more is broken down in this NEW June 2, 2010 Valley Voice article, at the web page provided below:

Valley Voice Newspaper

*****UPDATE DECEMBER 30, 2012-THE ABOVE WEB LINK IS NO LONGER ACTIVE AND IF ONE DESIRES THE ARTICLE MIGHT BE RETRIEVED VIA THE VALLEY VOICE ARCHIVES-THE VALLEY VOICE MAY BE NO LONGER IN PRINT, Valley Voice, Tulare Voice May Have Printed Final Edition | | Visalia News

;):)

Last edited:
A more complete explination of proposed NHRA Tulare Super drag strip financing, marketing and more is broken down in this NEW June 2, 2010 Valley Voice article, at the web page provided below:

Valley Voice Newspaper

;):)

"While TMSC partners don't yet own the parcels, they said the company from which they are seeking $120 million – US Capital Funding of Duluth, Ga. – remains optimistic they will get the money so they can move ahead with purchasing the 685 acres and building infrastructure."

Sorry.... but these guys are surpassing the MOPAR DRAG CITY group of promoting something not yet obtained...

Mark, I am wondering why you continue to post this stuff?

I will agree with Timmah. I am filing this one under "believe it when I see it" right next to the new USGP circuit in Austin, Texas.

$120 million just for the land and infrastructure for the Tulare strip?!?!?!? They would have to have 4 or 5 national events a year for the next 20 years to make that nut ...

The next "Super" strip you will see built is going to be built by Bruton ... Loudon is the front runner ... but a little birdie told me Kentucky Speedway is in the running ... might have been some surveying going on there ...

Last edited:
Tim, I guess I'm surprised by your rant. This is basically how big real estate deals work . . . and no, they don't always go, but this strategy is not that rare.

Further, it's the exact same strategy that you essentially appear to employee with your clients. And, over the year's I've seen you defend unemployed racers who hung out at the track letting prospective team owners know what they have available.

The Sierra Club and financing struggles are certainly pretty big hurdles to jump. But wouldn't you guess that they've secured a purchase option on the target properties prior to publicly talking about the deal.

Without public support and interest how are they going to succeed in cutting a deal with TSC and enticing the "donor motivation" of humanitarian financing.

This doesn't seem to be your typical farmer with a friend who owns a paving company. It seems to be an integrated real estate development proposal with huge capital needs and what will likely be a very long term payback.

It is interesting to hear about, and it gives us more information about the people who are trying to take real risks with something other than small time capital.

No it may not go, but it is interesting to hear about.

PS: Chris, Check out the Texas Major Events Trust Fund . . . again while this may not be a go either, Texas has a pretty well funded mechanism for making investments like this more viable.

Last edited:
Jeff ... I do agree, it is much more interesting to hear about new motorsports projects and talk about their veracity, rather than the alternative of track closures or lawsuits, which happens too often these days.

I will google that Texas major events deal, but you are talking $300 million minimum (based on the last few Tilke tracks). It will be tough to justify to John Q. Texan to put that many eggs in that one basket. They also claim a 10 year lease for the USGP, which is a minimum of $15 million per year, and Bernie will want at least 3 years up front (based on the last few FOM deals). I know there is a lot of internal pressure in F1 to get a race in the USA (particularly Ferrari and Mercedes) so hopefully the Texans can pull it together, but even if it doesn't happen in Texas, it will happen in the USA sooner rather than later ... which is good for us race fans.

Jeff:

I get the 'strategic nature' of their plan.... It's the way darn near all PR efforts work.

The reason I'm suspicious about this deal, (and any race track spending millions in So Cal) is they tend to fail... and fail hard. It's not because of lack of effort but reality. Since I've closed 5 RACE TRACKS MYSELF since 1980 in Southern California, I don't see a new "MEGA FACILITY" which is privately funded (not including a Bruton, Roger Penske or MAJOR personal 'NAME' leading the charge.

In Cali... even money doesn't talk.... they are ALL About being GREEN and race cars don't really = GREEN now do they?

And the difference between a PR campaign with a PERSON, (such as a CRX Client) and a proposed race track, is the PERSON is a ASSET, they are TANGIBLE, you can see them, touch them, feel them out. They have experience, they have skill, marketability, and history. They are not a mythical object or a 'shot in the dark' like this 'facility'.

Like i've said before.... If they build it... I will come and I'LL BRING THE HUMBLE PIE WITH ME... :cool:

The more I read what's been posted over the last year on this, the more I get the feeling this is a resort/super mall, that just happens to have a speedway and drag strip, maybe... I'm also having a major problem with the computer game graphics and major Misspelling in the track proposal for the strip.

To base funding on this being a 'depressed area with a high Teenage pregnancy rate'? It would make as much sense to Propose the same development in North Platte, Nebraska.

d'kid

The more I read what's been posted over the last year on this, the more I get the feeling this is a resort/super mall, that just happens to have a speedway and drag strip, maybe... I'm also having a major problem with the computer game graphics and major Misspelling in the track proposal for the strip.

To base funding on this being a 'depressed area with a high Teenage pregnancy rate'? It would make as much sense to Propose the same development in North Platte, Nebraska.

d'kid

And North Platte would most likely happen first.... and it's closer to me...and I would race there!:cool:

"Tulare County's high unemployment and teenage pregnancy rates, as well as the average education level of its residents, qualifies projects such as this for such financing, he said. “This area is very much in need of economic stimulus,” he said."

Got Crack?

Anyone know why when I click on the Valley Voice link, I get a 'Hack' warning from BOTH of my anti-virus programs????

d'kid

The link works great for me, and no indication of hacking? You can also google Valley Voice!

*****UPDATE DECEMBER 30, 2012-THE ABOVE WEB LINK ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POST IS NO LONGER ACTIVE AND IF ONE DESIRES THE ARTICLE MIGHT BE RETRIEVED VIA THE OWNERS OF THE VALLEY VOICE ARCHIVES**********
:);)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back