****Financing arranged/Locked in Tulare Super Drag Strip (1 Viewer)

It is over. Never was anything to begin with, just smoke and mirrors.

Some people may lose their job and go to jail before this is all over and done with.

What a joke.

Even I have to admit this new court development from this Valley Voice article dated December 2, 2010 doesn't sound good:(, at the web link provided below:

Valley Voice Newspaper

However, the article does seem to raise questions on the Ag-Center parcel, and if it really isn't for sale?:confused:

Oh, the price of the parcel now just went down times three, fold two major hotel developments and raise you a motel six and maybe a small rodeo arena with a gravel parking lot!;)

*****UPDATE DECEMBER 3, 2010 "THE SCRAMBLE ON?"******

Uhhh..., The world changes quickly, Tulare City counsel seems to be planning to maybe scramble to address future of Tulare Super Drag Strip at December 21, 2010 meeting, at the web link provided below:

Tulare racetrack plan goes back to beginning | visaliatimesdelta.com | Visalia Times-Delta and Tulare Advance-Register

<:confused:-{-{~~

Last edited:
Started to look a lot like the Drag City deal that fell apart after several years, and now this complex is looking to go down that same road. Bummer,

Please don't confuse Tulare with the Drag City deal, Tulare had money $$$.:D

My comments as posted today December 3, 2010 in the Visalia Times-Delta/Tulare Advnaced Register newspaper online:

"Very sad development for the Tulare community. The developer secures $400 million dollars and now can't put that money to work. Those funds could provide tens of thousands of much needed jobs and opportunities for those most in need in a economically devistated county. It's very heart wrenching and tragic to see these turn of events.":(

Last edited:
The $$$$ showed up a couple years too late... Not anyones fault but the people running the project... Never should have screwed the AG Center to begin with... The whole deal was like me buying a car from you, you expecting to get paid for it, and me saying oh wait I still have to come up with the $$$$ for it but let me drive it until I get it...

Please don't confuse Tulare with the Drag City deal, Tulare had money $$$.:D

My comments as posted today December 3, 2010 in the Visalia Times-Delta/Tulare Advnaced Register newspaper online:

"Very sad development for the Tulare community. The developer secures $400 million dollars and now can't put that money to work. Those funds could provide tens of thousands of much needed jobs and opportunities for those most in need in a economically devistated county. It's very heart wrenching and tragic to see these turn of events.":(

Mark,

Apologies to you and others. I really don't have the knowledge of the facts that you and others in that part of California have, and should not have made that comparison. It does hurt me if a drag strip is not built as there really aren't that many of them around like the old days. And if they are, many are now 1/8 mile which does not appeal to me, although I again cannot base that opinion on fact as I have never attended an 1/8 mile drag race so should keep that opinion to myself until I have had that experience.

I hope the Tulare situation can be turned around somehow. My brother used to live in Merced, CA which is not far away, and it would have been cool to be able to visit a new drag strip close-by. He's moved up to Sacramento now, so that is a moot point. But I know that California is fertile ground or should I say "hallowed" ground for drag racing, so yes, it does hurt hearing about this situation. I was lucky to get to attend both Lions and OCIR before they were closed down and that was nirvana back in the early 70's.

Again, my apologies for my previous comment.

Mark , that's the same road the track here in Atwater went through, when a EIR is completed, no matter what it studied, anybody can sue to have it revisited in court and pick out small parts to counter and try to get a judge to call it an imcomplete study, which they did here, only it was the FARMERS that did it.
Farmers don't want anything but cow and plow ideas out here and they have a good lobby $$$$$$$$$$$.
Tulare is the biggest milk producing county in the USA, go figure. I'm surprised it got this far.

Yep, the Atwater deal had numerous issues mostly notably lack of any money. Tulare Motorsports Complex lately has experienced a tragic series of events, especially since they had acquired the funds to build out the project. Tulare is one of the counties in the United States with the highest unemployment rates as well as financially devasated from the economic downturn. This project would have created tens of thousands jobs, it's real heart wrenching to see the folks there suffer from lack of livelihood and opportunity.:( I was surprised the judge threw the whole EIR out, and didn't just request individual corrections and changes. (Their may have been other reasons this was done;)). The events surrounding the Motorsports complex have transitioned from simply building a race track to that of humanitarian need, very sad.

I would imagine there may be additional litigation that could follow, i.e.:

1. How are they going to justify the federal stimulus money they seemed to have acquired and are already using to do the road, sewer and infrastucture improvements for a project that may not exist anymore?

2. Will the developer go to federal court to reopen escrow, since the money that was coming from overseas was delayed by the department of Homeland Security and escrow fell out because it didn't arrive in time? I guess someone or the developer could take the position, they were simply doing their patriotic duty in cooperation with homeland security in defense of the nation to ensure the funds were not being directed to an organization, individual or entity that may seek to harm our country. Thus, why should they be punished for simply doing their patriotic duty. Federal law takes precedence over state, Fed judge by decree/order opens escrow and since the money is now here sale is finalized?

I would hope all parties next week at the scheduled close door meeting would consider all the current and potential matters and simply move forward again, it could be cheaper that way.

;):)

Last edited:
Yep, the Atwater deal had numerous issues mostly notably lack of any money. Tulare Motorsports Complex lately has experienced a tragic series of events, especially since they had acquired the funds to build out the project. Tulare is one of the counties in the United States with the highest unemployment rates as well as financially devasated from the economic downturn. This project would have created tens of thousands jobs, it's real heart wrenching to see the folks there suffer from lack of livelihood and opportunity.

How do you figure tens of thousand? that's a real stretch!

How do you figure tens of thousand? that's a real stretch!

For your review, at the web links provided below:

See last paragraph, Tulare Motorsports Complex in California Could Become A Reality - Dragzine.com

See second to last paragraph, Tulare Motorsports Complex | Press

See forth paragraph, Valley Voice Newspaper

See paragraph eight, Sources: Motor Sports race track gets funding | visaliatimesdelta.com | Visalia Times-Delta and <b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">Tulare</b> Advance-Register

Very tragic and sad situation in Tulare, a real shame!:(

That is the same PR quote used over and over.
You are a PR guys dream if you believe that quote.
Ive been in the business for almost 30 ,have been involved with many new tracks being built or tracks being upgraded.
Travel to all the National event tracks every year.
Work at one of the largest motor sports facilities in the world. The whole place runs on less that 100 full time people. The drag strip has around 40 part timers.
No way even if they built 10 new hotels and 20 new restaurants because of the new track can they justify those numbers.
Don't get me wrong I would love to see it built. But those numbers are so bogus, makes it look like they have no clue what they are doing.

Oh come on Jeffrey, quit being a hater. This dude is dying for a cool new track nearby and here you go, at Christmas time no less, with your bubble burster.

read this thread for the first time today from opening post to finish. Seems it went down just like drag city only in fast forward. And its right next to an airport too. Deja vu all over again. And what road, sewer, and infrastructure improvements have been made? I don't see anything but plow furrows from dirt farmers in this sat image.

Laspina Street, Tulare, CA - Google Maps

Seems like all the hippies from across the entire nation gravitated to California in the late sixties and seventies and ruined your state. They can put the kabash on auto racing but they sure do like their cannabis farms.

Huge, Legal Cannabis Farm Study Surprises Industry, Officials | Legalization Nation

so sad

City of Oakland, California, Approves Industrial Cannabis Farms | Sex+Metropolis

Show me a farm dominated county in Calif that doesn't have a high unemployment rate, it fits in with cheap labor ya know !

From Todays, January 14, 2010 "The Business Journal" Tulare Judges ruling moves jurisdiction over project from City of Tulare back to County of Tulare. This seems to be a positive development since during last Novembers elections the new City counsel members elected indicated a lack of support for the project. Opinions of those involved differ on future of project, at the web link provided below:

Tulare NASCAR track hits another court ruling

;):confused:

Last edited:
And while this project is slowly walking towards the grave, just up the road a grassroots organization is taking it upon themselves to run some events.

Eagle Field Drags - Drags Information

YouTube - Eagle field drags 10-9-2010

Not wanting to wait for the mystical dream track to be built to the south, many car lovers are searching old barns and garages to build a drag car for themselves and run it at events like Eagle Field and Kingdom Dragstrip in Lodi. One guy was quoted in saying, "For what it cost to go to an NHRA National event with the family, my family can find and race our own car for years to come."

And while the county has paid to have the runway repaved, a perminate 1/8 mile drag strip is being worked on nearby.

And while this project is slowly walking towards the grave, just up the road a grassroots organization is taking it upon themselves to run some events.

Eagle Field Drags - Drags Information

YouTube - Eagle field drags 10-9-2010

Not wanting to wait for the mystical dream track to be built to the south, many car lovers are searching old barns and garages to build a drag car for themselves and run it at events like Eagle Field and Kingdom Dragstrip in Lodi. One guy was quoted in saying, "For what it cost to go to an NHRA National event with the family, my family can find and race our own car for years to come."

And while the county has paid to have the runway repaved, a perminate 1/8 mile drag strip is being worked on nearby.

NOW THAT IS DRAG RACING!!!! Flag start??? Hay-bail guard rails behind the starting line... tire smokin' all the way down the track....!!! Way cool. I hope those guys at Eagle Field keep this up...

EDIT: Found this awesome vid of Stormy Bird at Eagle Field....
YouTube - Stormy Bird at Eagle Field

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back