"New" pit reporter (1 Viewer)

John is a good addition to the team, and it's good to hear he will be there for the rest of the year. He seems versitle as I liked the work he did on the old RPM 2 night show, and how he's done as a pit reporter. I wouldn't mind seeing him sit next to Dunn; it would be a solid team.

My damn DVR didn't record for some reason so I won't get to watch the race until it re-airs later this week. :mad: From what I saw of his work on Sat. I like the job he does. If it's correct that he'll be there the rest of the year then I look forward to seeing more of him on the broadcasts. I was also relieved to see Dave Reiff was still there. I had a little panic moment when they went to John Kernan and not Dave R. :D

Welcome aboard John Kernan.
Used to like his RPM tonite show, and well let's just say it's
hard to believe seattle was his first NHRA gig; sounded like he's
been here all season.
Mike Dunn, Dave Reiff, Bob Frey, Gary Gerould, and now John Kernan.......
at the track & on TV, that's quite a talented crew.
(no one was in 'penalty box' yesterday?)

I see we have a new member here: John Kernan. :) Welcome to Nitromater, John. :cool:

John also hosts a radio show everyday on the Sirius Nascar channel, as others have said John is educated in the racing industry.

John has always been a HUGE drag racing fan...In fact, if I remember correctly, he has made more than a few trips down the 1/4 mile....

I think John helped on the U.S. Nationals for a couple of years during Marty's tenure.

He definitely knows his stuff. Maybe ESPN is working him in gradually to move him up later. We can only hope.

By the way......anybody heard anything on the SKUZA ride?

Im not sure about this, but does anyone know if Gary Gerould had any "race reporting" experience before coming to the NHRA? He used to be an announcer for our local basketball team, the Sacramento Kings...:eek:
(no, im not proud to call them our "local" team...haha):rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back