"New" pit reporter (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Who's the "new" guy doing reports from the pits? John Curnan (sp?)? I've seen him on other broadcasts but I just can't remember if it was Sport Compact shows or what. Is he permanent added help, just for this race, or did we lose Dave Reiff or what? :confused:

edit- Just saw Dave Reiff is still there. :cool:

Last edited:
It figures it's our local cable company, it never fails to screw up when you don't it to. As soon as dragracing came on it went to poop.

Last edited:
Brent, I think the show he was on was called " RPM TONIGHT " He was the show host and they covered all motor sports. It was canceled after the then new NASCAR TV deal took place and the new networks would not let that show bring cameras into the tracks because they were not a news program.

Maybe Kernan will replace Page. That'd be good. Kernan knows his stuff.

You know Bob, I'm really starting to like Page more than Marty... Watched several Tapes with Marty from last season... even heard him call GA Craig Anderson...

Now Page is Like a Puppy.... He's trying real hard to please.... and correcting himself.... if he puddles...:)

John also hosts a radio show everyday on the Sirius Nascar channel, as others have said John is educated in the racing industry.

John is a very good across-the-board motorsports reporter - he would be a good addition to the current drag racing crew.

Im gonna need tear-off posts for my monitor....Mine didnt come with the wiper blade option.

I did hear Page say someone ran a 4.15 yesterday.....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

John also hosts a radio show everyday on the Sirius Nascar channel, as others have said John is educated in the racing industry.

I hope they get him on permanantly. I listen to him on his daily Sirius show "The Driver's Seat'. He has the best show on Sirius NASCAR channel. He would be great on the NHRA broadcasts and a welcome replacement for the "grating" Paul Page.

Im gonna need tear-off posts for my monitor....Mine didnt come with the wiper blade option.

I did hear Page say someone ran a 4.15 yesterday.....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

And he corrected himself.... when you're expecting a four, the guy in the other lane ran a four, ie Bernie runs 4.63 and Charlie runs 4.15.... that's 6.15... it is understandable... Heck, even Dave and Steve weren't PERFECT.... but they had two weeks to edit.... I've heard Bob say some silly things over the PA this season too...:D

I hope they get him on permanantly. I listen to him on his daily Sirius show "The Driver's Seat'. He has the best show on Sirius NASCAR channel. He would be great on the NHRA broadcasts and a welcome replacement for the "grating" Paul Page.

Chris, I know we all have wonderful memories of how "Great" Marty was... but I found his voice very "grating"... heck, I stumble over names and figures... and what you hear in your own ears is not how other people hear you...

I'm new here and I thought I was the only one that got annoyed with Page. I heard him announcing the Atv races yesterday and that was a nightmare this guy is everywhere. I wish they would bring Shelly back her and Dunn make a great team and put Army Armstrong in the pits and have Dave R at the end of the track. Just my .02 cents

I think John is a great reporter, but to be honest, I was hoping for a woman, preferably the one from the Powerblock on Spike TV. Seriously, we have all these women racing; there ought to be one involved in the reporting. Hell, even ESPN's coverage on NASCRAP has a woman reporter and ESPN has a reputation for hiring women who know the sport they cover. Drag racing is the last place that the coverage should be done by all guys. Please note that none of these comments are aimed at John-he will do a great job.

Chris, I know we all have wonderful memories of how "Great" Marty was... but I found his voice very "grating"... heck, I stumble over names and figures... and what you hear in your own ears is not how other people hear you...

I actually have wonderfull memories of Dave McClelland doing the shows now, he was the consumate pro.;)

Page has improved but he is still not a drag racing reporter. If we are all taking this journey to the next level then we need a better person in that annouce chair.

John did good I'd like to see more of him. At first I was worried Dave R was gone but he still there to and thats good. I'd love to see Dave R or now even John get a shot sitting next to Dunn.

Of course the greatest would be to have Mr Dave Mcclelland come back and do whatever he wanted to. Announce, do interviews in the pits, do pre taped behind the scenes or more in depth interviews....anything he wants.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back