SUGGESTION TO THE NHRA re: new points system (1 Viewer)

lmhb oyf

Nitro Member
SUGGESTION:

Dear NHRA,

If you're going to add additional opportunities for points that will undoubtedly add a layer of confusion to qualifying which as a ticket holding, attending fan, is already difficult enough to accurately follow during live rounds, it's time to either use the jumbo screen as a real time scoreboard during qualifying rounds or bring in/install scoreboards at the venues.

Trying to figure out who's in, who's out, who's #12 then who's 16 is hard enough as it is and then adding bonus points for qualifying just adds to the frustration of leaving not knowing exactly who's where and who earned bonus points.

I guarantee that after a round of qualifying 90% of the people in the stands (racers and teams included) couldn't accurately list positions 1 through 16 and 90% may be low.

You have a screen. You have timing. And when the cars are running there's a perfect opportunity to have a real time scoreboard posted on there between the live camera shots.

It's a low cost, easy and what I would think could be an added element that the fans would appreciate, new and old.

Just my $0.02

SUGGESTION:

And when the cars are running there's a perfect opportunity to have a real time scoreboard posted on there between the live camera shots.

You means something like almost every oval track has for the roudy-round fan to keep track of whats going on? :D

What a concept, something else for NHRA to steal from NASCrashAR...

No, wait...that would cost them money!

No, wait...that would cost them money!

It wouldn't cost them much, if at all. The screens are there, the data is there, heck the TV show does it. How the hard could it be?

While we're at it, why are most scoreboards still only showing to the hundredth, when the results are to the thou? And the bump is almost always listed only to the hun, but you never see the thou, so you don't know if that run you saw was good enough? The only way to know is from the PA, and you can't hear that...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back