N.J. State Police, NHRA to study accident (3 Viewers)

Toxicoligy tests? You gotta be kidding me.

I think that is pretty much standard procedure. Toxicology also covers prescription drugs that a victim could have potentially had an allergic reaction to. Seems far fetched but it is part of a thorough approach to finding or ruling out contributing causes to an accident.

I think that is pretty much standard procedure. Toxicology also covers prescription drugs that a victim could have potentially had an allergic reaction to. Seems far fetched but it is part of a thorough approach to finding or ruling out contributing causes to an accident.

Yes, in NJ it's standard practice for those tests in all fatal automobile accidents. It may even be state law but I'm not 100% on that.

Not wanting to start a war, just asking a question. What would the investigation prove? I'm sure that the Kalitta family would not want to pursue any legal action. Does it assign liability to NHRA, the Napp family, Old Bridge Raceway, crewchief, crew, team? Or......? Again, I realize that it is procedure and possibly state law, but what does the investigation open the "door" for? It was a tragic accident, but does or will it cause any more pain than the loss of a loved one?

R.I.P. Scott. You will be missed.

You know this is a very sensitive subject so soon after this horrible accident and we will all selfishly miss seeing Scott K out there:

If there is any positive findings in the toxicology report it can affect many things including:

Life insurance payment
Liabilty
Future involvement/payments from DHL
and many more situations

Not wanting to start a war, just asking a question. What would the investigation prove? I'm sure that the Kalitta family would not want to pursue any legal action. Does it assign liability to NHRA, the Napp family, Old Bridge Raceway, crewchief, crew, team? Or......? Again, I realize that it is procedure and possibly state law, but what does the investigation open the "door" for? It was a tragic accident, but does or will it cause any more pain than the loss of a loved one?

R.I.P. Scott. You will be missed.

Before anyone begins pointing fingers, let's remember that his engine exploded in the lights first.

Just a thought, Will OSHA get involved as well?
This accident would be an on the job incident.
Just sit back and let the investigation go on. Its all standard stuff.

Payments from DHL? What did they have to do with the accident? As a racer myself that drives a 6 second dragster here's the deal if we want to continue to race and provide you the fan with entertainment: When the driver in the car and the crew step into the red zone other than the medical insurance we have from NHRA, WE SIGN A WAVER ACKNOWLEDGING WE ARE ON OWN OUT THERE AND ACCEPT THE RISK. Anyone that does not should not be out there. If we start suing our own sponsors for what goes on out there, we may as well park the cars right now. Its important that sponsors are protected from lawsuits or there won't be any.

Payments from DHL? What did they have to do with the accident? As a racer myself that drives a 6 second dragster here's the deal if we want to continue to race and provide you the fan with entertainment: When the driver in the car and the crew step into the red zone other than the medical insurance we have from NHRA, WE SIGN A WAVER ACKNOWLEDGING WE ARE ON OWN OUT THERE AND ACCEPT THE RISK. Anyone that does not should not be out there. If we start suing our own sponsors for what goes on out there, we may as well park the cars right now. Its important that sponsors are protected from lawsuits or there won't be any.

I think they meant the other way around. That is, if there were positive toxicology tests, it might relieve DHL from some/all of their sponsorship obligations.

But it WAY too soon to be even thinking about that kind of stuff.

So i know i will prob get ripped because this deal says i am a rookie but i have been around this sport since i was ten and yes i am only 22 but i have worked for many team growing up around this sport! I have worked with KB racing so i know how these guys are feeling right now and one of the biggest reasons this is going under investigation is not only becasue it a law but also because MANY of the drivers felt this track was unsafe the way they had that wall around the end of the sand trap!! Now i am not pointing fingers or trying to start a war but I also know alot more to this story than most!! I feel it was something that needed to be delt with long before this happend for this reason!! But like i said not trying to start crap just saying my 2 cents worth!!

With Ford's new crash data recorder onboard, NHRA and the racers, may find answers in this crash that were never known in others before.

Toxicoligy tests? You gotta be kidding me.

I used to promote musclecar events and when we put one for the first time at Atco I found that New Jersey is one of the most regulated states in the US.

Yes, the police investigate any fatal accident even if it was on private property. I was told that even a non-fatal accident could result in the police taking the event over in order to do their investigation if they so chose.

We allowed free entry to law officers. I was amazed at the different departments that all had enforcement powers at that location. If I remember properly, we let in officers from the county, township, state, and at least one other jurisdiction.

When racing at Englishtown, I found that the state even controlled how many restricted area passes could be issued for each team. At that time, Pro Stock was allowed 3 passes but only 2 people were allowed on the starting line there.

New Jersey has a number of laws which make it unique. At least a few years ago, a state permit was required to have a nitrous bottle in your car. Also, to my knowledge, it is the only state making it illegal to pump your own gas.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I thought it was important to note that a state investigation of the accident is nothing but business as usual and certainly doesn't indicate any unusual events or suspicions.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back