N.J. State Police, NHRA to study accident (2 Viewers)

Charles, Columbus basically put in a stoplight there. Between pairs of cars traffic was let through as normal. I know it sounds strange, but that's the way they did it at C-Bus for years!
Yeah that was unique, I think the biggest hurdle was to convince the farmer on the other side of Refugee Rd to allow his side yard as a "runoff" area.
It is interesting to drive down Refugee Rd. and look straight down the track.
Web Live Map

I bet that if NHRA told E-Town to find someway to lenghthen the Shut down like Columbus did during Race weekends or else lose the race. I bet arrangements would be made to keep the race, any bets?

Money has a certain way of talking...........

Last edited:
Yes, in NJ it's standard practice for those tests in all fatal automobile accidents. It may even be state law but I'm not 100% on that.

In New Jersey, racing is controlled by the State Police. They ibvestigate every crash that involves a fatality and every crsh that takes place at speeds over a specific speed. I forget the speed but I do know that they investigates a TAFC crash at E'town last year.

Jim

I don't disagree at all. In fact, it's a shame that's not the law here.

More jobs, and maybe my windshield would get cleaned every once in a while.;)

windshield get cleaned? LOL That happens so infrequently, it shocks me when I see the guy get the squeegy out of the bucket!

But it's a nice thought. ;):D

Pension Road is a through street that leads to the back entrance to the pit area over by the airport. Shutting it down temprarily would not mess up traffic really. The problem is that I remember it being lower than the track surface by a decent amount. So just opening the end of the track to temporarily make the shutdown area longer would involve a whole bunch of heavy duty grading to raise the road, or maybe even a bridge over the road. Not so sure it's an easy fix.

I believe that part of pension road is away from the main entrance/exit of the track. Could be wrong, though.

The part of Pension Road IS the main entrance to the track.

It is the part of Pension Road that runs between the airport and the main entrance. Everyone who comes to the track by talking 527 through the town of Englishtown drives down that section of Pension Road. The main entrance is only a couple hundred yeards away.

Jim

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back