My only gripe about Dallas this weekend... (1 Viewer)

I'll preface this by saying I don't mind the standing if the whole crowd is up. If it's the one guy in front of me, he'll kindly be asked to sit down (and 9 out of 10 times they're so caught up they don't even realize that everyone else sat down). The same goes for a concert, ballgame, etc. It's just common courtesy, which is becoming an increasingly lost art, but it's still out there, and if you ask, most people will accommodate. However...

But when the cars got near or to the finish line, they would all stand again to see who won instead of looking at the big screen.

I do not pay to watch it on TV sitting in the stands at the racetrack. I can't think of anything more unexciting than watching half the race on the track and then looking at the damn big screen, which depending on the sun you can't see all the time anyway. I feel it is totally out of line to expect people to watch the big screen to see who won a race that's going on right in front of them.

What is annoying is the mass exodus of "fans" after the fuel cars run exiting the stands. Difficult to watch pro-stock and bikes, etc, etc, when the bleacher aisles are full of people making their way down after the fuelers.

Most "fans" should take into account that there are other classes that people are interested in watching and jamming up the aisles before the professional categories have concluded is doing a disservice to those of us who pay a buttload of greenbacks to watch racing.

Amen, Tom.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's very annoying. Makes ya just wanna.....

owned-1.gif
Now that's funny, 2 guys in the stands and one stands...

Lori yer right, it's very rude to short people and children and the elderly. All it would take is an announcement over the PA, asking people to remain seated so all can see.
People are basicly good, they will cooperate if instructed on what is proper.

Seats are for sitting, if they want to stand - do it at the fence.

I'm all 3 of those Paul, elderly, short, and a child! I can't win! I remember the idiot in front of us at Charlotte, he not only stood, he paced up and down his aisle. The dope.

Now that's funny, 2 guys in the stands and one stands...

I'm all 3 of those Paul, elderly, short, and a child! I can't win! I remember the idiot in front of us at Charlotte, he not only stood, he paced up and down his aisle. The dope.

I think he must have been related to the lone stander in our section*** The other dope.

What is annoying is the mass exodus of "fans" after the fuel cars run exiting the stands. Difficult to watch pro-stock and bikes, etc, etc, when the bleacher aisles are full of people making their way down after the fuelers.

Most "fans" should take into account that there are other classes that people are interested in watching and jamming up the aisles before the professional categories have concluded is doing a disservice to those of us who pay a buttload of greenbacks to watch racing.

I'm done with Dallas. The six dollar beer, four dollar water, no coolers allowed, and the mere fact that billybob redneck would rather block my view than to watch the rest of the show that we all paid for to see.

Fire away one and all, I'm ready;)

I am with you on that one. Seems you get ripped off from the time you get to the parking lot until you leave. I got to the point that several years ago after I sold my car, if I could not ride in with a buddy racing and have access to a golf cart and a cooler, it just wasnt worth the hassle. Guess I am just getting old, but the hassle is not worth it any more.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back