Massey, Battery Extender team hopes to check off NHRA Gatornationals win this weekend (1 Viewer)

BROWNSBURG, Ind. (March 12, 2013) - Everyone has a bucket list of things they want to do in their lifetime. For Spencer Massey, winning at the NHRA Gatornationals held in Gainesville, Fla., is high on the list.

For 44 years, the Gatornationals has been a stop for the NHRA series and the event has become one of the "big ones" where every driver wants to have a coveted 'Wally' trophy.

"I love going to the Gators," Massey said. "It's one of those events that just stand out and everyone knows what the Gators are. I just think back to when Kenny Bernstein first went 300 mph there. It's just a special place. To be able to take a Wally away from Gainesville would be a check on any driver's bucket list."

What also makes the Gainesville track more special than others is the fact that the cars can produce more horsepower, something his Battery Extender powered by Schumacher dragster is fond of doing.

"There are some tracks you go to where you just have more horsepower," he said. "Gainesville is one of those tracks. The setting of it is perfect because of all the trees around it. More trees mean more oxygen and that's what helps your engine produce more horsepower.

"There's no doubt about it that this Battery Extender Top Fuel car has a history of making some pretty good horsepower."

After two weekends off from the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series, Massey is ready to battle when racing resumes Friday for the first of four qualifying sessions. It will also be the debut of the new candy-metallic red, black and silver colors on the Battery Extender dragster.

"We got the season started with back-to-back races and then we had some time off," he said. "But I've still been practicing my reaction times and thinking about racing. Just because we aren't on track doesn't mean I'm not thinking about it."

More...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back