My only gripe about Dallas this weekend... (2 Viewers)

The Swegian

Nitro Member
was everyone standing in the grandstands when the fuel cars ran on Sunday. Not for just the first few pairs...all of them. There's no need to stand. The grandstands at the Motorplex are angled away from the track so seeing the cars as they go down track is easily done. But not when everybody has to stand. It's not that hard to figure out, everyone can see a lot better when everyone sits. That was the first time I've seen it where the crowd stood for all the fuel cars. Oh, thats why they call them the stands.:mad:

I noticed that as well Mark, but the Stands at the Plex didn't seem angled at least I didn't notice if they where.! Not like Vegass and Chicago at least.

That was done in Charlotte for the first round, then after that, people behind us starting telling the 'standers' to sit down,, and it worked. There was truly no reason to stand there. But when the cars got near or to the finish line, they would all stand again to see who won instead of looking at the big screen. Frustrating if you are a short person like me. No offense here, but it was mostly the men doing it. The women got tired of it and sat down.

Houston, Dallas, Baton Rouge, it must be a southern thing, but people have ALWAYS stood up when the Fuel Cars run, it's just the thing you do!

I hate the standers too but then I think well wait a minute 2 minutes left in the football game and I'm on my feet. Big rally in baseball, I'm on my feet.

Penatly shot, close game in hoops. We all stand then.

It does suck at the races but not sure there's a way to stop it

It does suck when people stand, on the other hand if everyone stays seated it doesn't seem like the fans are as excited.

Never been to a track where the fans didn't stand up...and that list is long!! That's why I always try to find a sparsely populated spot from which to watch so my friends, family, and I can enjoy the races at leisure.

The next set of drag strip grandstands built need to have the run and rise similar to a major indoor arena or a theater-style movie venue. That way if someone stands up in front of you they are still under your line-of-sight.

Yeah, it's very annoying. Makes ya just wanna.....

owned-1.gif

What is annoying is the mass exodus of "fans" after the fuel cars run exiting the stands. Difficult to watch pro-stock and bikes, etc, etc, when the bleacher aisles are full of people making their way down after the fuelers.

Most "fans" should take into account that there are other classes that people are interested in watching and jamming up the aisles before the professional categories have concluded is doing a disservice to those of us who pay a buttload of greenbacks to watch racing.

I'm done with Dallas. The six dollar beer, four dollar water, no coolers allowed, and the mere fact that billybob redneck would rather block my view than to watch the rest of the show that we all paid for to see.

Fire away one and all, I'm ready;)

What is annoying is the mass exodus of "fans" after the fuel cars run exiting the stands. Difficult to watch pro-stock and bikes, etc, etc, when the bleacher aisles are full of people making their way down after the fuelers.

Most "fans" should take into account that there are other classes that people are interested in watching and jamming up the aisles before the professional categories have concluded is doing a disservice to those of us who pay a buttload of greenbacks to watch racing.
Well maybe if they put some huffers(or 800cid) on them pro stocks and loose the pimpy pro stock bikes and bring in some top fuel motorcycles...you won't to have worry about your vision being blocked.

Lori yer right, it's very rude to short people and children and the elderly. All it would take is an announcement over the PA, asking people to remain seated so all can see.
People are basicly good, they will cooperate if instructed on what is proper.

Seats are for sitting, if they want to stand - do it at the fence.

This is why when my wife goes with me, we get general admission, get there early and get seats in the front row. It always amazes me how many people stand that are in the front row causing a wave affect.

This is why when my wife goes with me, we get general admission, get there early and get seats in the front row. It always amazes me how many people stand that are in the front row causing a wave affect.

I know what you mean there as well.
I went to a concert last fall and was in the second row of the balcony that was center stage. There was a group of 6 people, right in front of me of course, that stood the entire time. It was front row of the balcony for crying out loud. They got p!ssed when those behind me starting throwing empty beer cups at them. Some people are very rude, that is for sure.
At the Carolina race, after most people started to sit down in round three, there was still one guy that stood the entire time. He was the only one in our section, and he was completely oblivious to those around him. He looked ridiculous.
I've always told my friends, to see a good sample of every segment of society, go to a concert or a race!! (or Wal-Mart:D)

Paul, this is freakin hilarious.

Greggo, maybe this is what really happened to that poor sap on Friday night who decided to do some grandstand gymnastics and stuck his landing right on his face.

The only help that guy needed was gravity and a little bit of moisture on the steps :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back