My Drag Racing Wishes for 2017 (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
My keyboard crew chief (aka people who buy tickets to races and help with ratings points) wishes for drag racing in 2017 are:
1. All sanctioning bodies need to move away from monetizing their sport and move toward providing more value for participants and spectators. How about surprising your fans or grass roots racers with something free. Free national event entry for every previous three entries. Free space in the Nitro Mall/manufacturers midway thing for any company that posts contingency awards. Free parking. Free entry to a national event if the spectator produces a ticket stub from a LODRS race. A reasonable goal for a sanctioning body would be every participant or spectator leaves feeling the organization did something cool for them.

2. Turn loose the "awesome" NHRA sales force to raise money for an NHRA house fuel car that would be run by one of the super teams and used to promote promising young racers.

3. Reduce national event fees for sportsmen racers and promote them as a "kinetic" car show.

4. Rewrite several of the competition eliminator class rules to include low cost classes (think modified production with a crate motor, junior comp cars for a kid who ages out) Comp will only be saved with a drastic rethink and turning away from the dozen millionaires who want things to stay the same.

5. The sportsman pits need to be arranged or oriented so that a spectator can actually see the cars. More and more, the cars are hidden in the canyons between the Toterhomes. The motorcycle crowd is also guilty of hiding from spectators.

6. No rain and no ESPN moments (huge explosions) at regional or national events.

7. Organizations need to look critically at the success of that lame-donkey street racing show, and they to understand why it is so well watched. However, we all need to stand firm against street racing and the felons who endanger all of us.

Throw a couple NHRA commercials promoting an event during the airing of Street Outlaws and it could draw some of those 3 million plus viewers to an event..

Don Schumacher calls me and lets me do a full b*lls out pass in Antron's dragster.....

oh...... you meant wishes for the NHRA, not my wish for 2017;)

Hey Don!
call-me-hand.png
call me!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back