FREE Tickets for Hot Rod Heritage Series at Fontana (1 Viewer)

thanks,

now all I need is a friend ;)

so they aren't running the nostalgia funny cars at Fontana? I'm not understanding the class designations

Mike, I guess the track is having some issues with sound ordinances(nitro cars were too loud last time) and legal stuff. No funnies or top fuelers this time.:(

"Group 1 and group 2" will be running. It will still be a great event!
Here is the break down:
Group 1
A/Fuel
Junior Fuel A
Junior Fuel B
AA/Gas Supercharged

and

Group 2
Nostalgia Eliminator 1
Nostalgia Eliminator 2
Nostalgia Eliminator 3
A Gas,
B Gas,
C Gas,
D Gas;
Hot Rod

A/Fuel is injected on nitro pipe racks
jr. fuelers(A & B) are injected on methanol pipe racks
AAGas are wild(!!!) gassers (great show)
NE1 is a 7.60 index pipe rack class (very fun!)
NE2 is a 8.60 index
NE3 is a 9.60 index

tons of "A" thru "D" gas cars...tons! Door slammers etc etc
Hot rod is heavy cars.

I'll be there having fun! See you there.

There are still a couple hundred tickets left, if you are interested in bringing a new person to the drags... send an email to [email protected] with your name and address, we'll get them out.

Are they gonna have pretty girls handin' out free tickets at Fontana, 'cause my request never showed up in the mailbox.

Well, I went out there today.
Went to gate 6 as instructed, but it was closed!

Holy hell was it friggin' hot.
I heat stroked in the stands. :(
They would run a few cars and 10 minutes would go by before the next group ran. Just sat there cooking. Not much shade anywhere.
I wish they would tighten up the schedule a little.

Only got a couple corvette:D shots. Then my camera batteries died.
The concession stand pizza was very good!
Root beer floats! Awesome.
The announcing was also excellent.
Hopefully the track will hose down the (dirty)bleachers before the next event.
We had the stunt cycle team every so often to entertain us.
A bunch of the teams tossed t-shirts, trinkets and foam can wraps to us fans.
Totally unexpected, much appreciated.
Many fans were obvious n00bs. They were quite enthusiastic about the wild variety of race vehicles.
The porta-potties were excellent.

Cool deal, it has lots of potential. :cool:

b4686bf0.jpg

Last edited:
Cool pictures Paul. Too bad your batteries died. Would liked to have seen more pics.

JKaplan-AAGS.jpg

Jirka Kaplan, who hails from Calgary Alberta, Canada set the pace in AA/GS driving his '63 Vette to the number one qualifying position making a stout 6.492/212.93 mph charge. Steve Woods took the trophy in AA/GS over Rob Moore’s wild Impala in the final round.

There were a lot of newbies out at Auto Club Dragway, great to see families with 4 or 5 kids walking through the pits and getting exposed to drag racing. There will be a similar FREE ticket offer for the Jeg's Pacific SportsNationals on October 3 - 5.

We’ll have complete results from James Drew and Tim Marshall of the “Southern California Shootout” later this week in DRO.

Dont know about you guys but I had a lot of fun. Answered questions for a lot of new fans this weekend.

Dont forget, NE1 at the FOX HUNT, this saturday night at Barona.:D

Mike, were you in air conditioning? :D
The racing was really good and the surface was pretty good from what I saw.
Lots of families and kids oohing and awwing.

Its ok out there can get very hot out there though. Worked out there for a while. The staging lanes in august in black pants can get very hot.

Mike, I guess the track is having some issues with sound ordinances(nitro cars were too loud last time) and legal stuff. No funnies or top fuelers this time.:(

"Group 1 and group 2" will be running. It will still be a great event!
Here is the break down:
Group 1

and

Group 2

A/Fuel is injected on nitro pipe racks
jr. fuelers(A & B) are injected on methanol pipe racks
AAGas are wild(!!!) gassers (great show)
NE1 is a 7.60 index pipe rack class (very fun!)
NE2 is a 8.60 index
NE3 is a 9.60 index

tons of "A" thru "D" gas cars...tons! Door slammers etc etc
Hot rod is heavy cars.

I'll be there having fun! See you there.

and another thing I dont get the noise deal they are in an industrial area in between the railroad tracks, Salvage yards and a steel mill and the property of a super speedway. It makes no sense what so ever. I live in fontana and I hear the speedway from my house so what.

Yeah Sandy, I sold my store and property in Santa Maria. (around May/June)
Now in Claremont. Love it here, every street is densely lined with trees.
Very lush, green, quiet, peaceful, no riff-raff.
Only thing is that it is hot everyday and I am used to the cool overcast foggy mornings of Santa Barbara county.
The daytime highs there are the overnight lows here. :eek:

I hadn't been to Fontana since a few years ago. Where did all those houses and development come from?! I must say, they are nice. I visited my cousin who lives close to the speedway.....wow.....nice house.

There was some nascar testing going on and we all could here the cars.

Paul, it wasnt air conditioned where you were sitting?(LOL)

Santa Maria has changed as much as Fontana has. My mom and dad moved there in 84 and stayed till 91 and WOW. Still very nice area but a lot of growth. Reminds me of when I moved to the Murrieta Valley in 75, GROWTH!

The noise from the speedway was a nascar driving deal. Should have gone in a tried it, lots of fun turning left.:D:p;)

Paul,

Now that you're a local, you'll have to come by one night so I can put you to work on my F/C. We were out there Friday and Saturday but learned all we could and came home and sat in the pool Sunday.

Friday was nice out there as the overcast didn't burn off until about 1:30. Saturday was warm and a little humid but still not bad. Sunday though was hotter still and alot stickier. Track manager asked us to stay for Sunday but I'm glad we came home.

And thanks for the ink Darr... ::: Drag Racing Online ::: Columns - Agent 1320 - 9/17/2008

Last edited:
Mike, you got me rollin' over here. <still laughing>
To be fair, I did not check if there was any A/C where I was. LMAO!

Bill, anytime you need a hand, I'd be happy to help out.
I have been wanting to get on a SoCal nostalgia team.

The Santa Maria NE1 team I was on is putting a nitro funny together, but it's not quite ready yet. :eek: Will possibly have news on this next week.

I don't have alot experience, just driving the tow vehicle, servicing the car before during and after the event, start line procedures.
I keep my mouth shut and do what I'm told when and how the crew chief wants.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back