My 2016 Drag Racing Wishes (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
My drag racing wish list for 2016 would include:

1)NHRA to extend the under 12 gets in free policy to all their races. This is a huge investment in the future and it helps young fathers get out to the races with their kids.
2)NHRA to create a Competition Eliminator class for junior comp cars who's drivers age out. They can run in the 9's with a motor you can buy on EBAY for under $3,000. This is a great logical pathway to adult racing for many of the JD crowd and will help stem the tide of racers leaving competition eliminator.
3)NHRA needs to pay Phil Burgess ANYTHING he wants for a salary. If you consider the depth and breadth of his work, his dedication to our sport and the volume of his reportage and research is awe inspiring. Years from now, historians of American culture will be so thankful for what this man has done.
4)Can we just take a year off from drag racing legends going off to make their maker? The pace seems to be accelerating and once these treasures are gone, the heart and soul of this sport goes also.
5)Find a place in the sport for Mike Dunn. Surely drag racing can use a smart, honorable guy who understands the sport from the golden age to the present.

I'd extend the kids to 15 and under too.
And I agree 10000000% we need to have a place for Dunn

Well, as long as we are wishing:

YES !!! Bring back Mike Dunn !!!!!!!!

Do away with the count down (I know, ain't gonna happen )

Change tree to instant green ( less red lights )

All run in Pro Classes

My drag racing wish list for 2016 would include

1 would also assist young mothers get out to the races with their kids. :D

3 Yes YES pay Phil Burgess ANYTHING he wants...I mean, come on, the man writes the most talked about and read part of NHRA web/print.

4 No kidding, put the clamps on this tide please.
"Once these treasures are gone, the heart and soul of this sport goes also." Sad, but too true.

5 Find a place in the sport for Mike Dunn. Seriously...this decision still stands in the face of all that is logic. Bring Big Mike and his sideburns back man...

In my opinion I don't think this would have happened but do you think Dunn would have asked for too much money from NHRA? I wonder if the broadcast team would have had to take a pay cut not working for ESPN now. Just a thought.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back