My 2014 trip (1 Viewer)

So confused now but I got a while to ponder my decision. If I can talk Mark Krogen and Chris Cook into coming to one of the races on the swing then the swing it is as I know I will catch up with Joe in Denver but then I know I will see a heap of you if I do Indy. In the end it really doesn't matter as I know it will be a great experience no matter where I end up.

My plan has always been to have 1 trip a year spacing them out through different parts of the season so I get to see as many tracks as I can and eventually attend every race on the tour.

I guess I just keep buying my lotto tickets every week and hope my numbers come up that way I can buy a RV and do the whole tour.

:D
So confused now but I got a while to ponder my decision. If I can talk Mark Krogen and Chris Cook into coming to one of the races on the swing then the swing it is as I know I will catch up with Joe in Denver but then I know I will see a heap of you if I do Indy. In the end it really doesn't matter as I know it will be a great experience no matter where I end up.

My plan has always been to have 1 trip a year spacing them out through different parts of the season so I get to see as many tracks as I can and eventually attend every race on the tour.

I guess I just keep buying my lotto tickets every week and hope my numbers come up that way I can buy a RV and do the whole tour.
I know where you can purchase a pretty nice prevost motor coach... and i also know where you can find a really good driver driver for it.:D

I lived out West for 20 years, I am trying to knock out the East coast stuff now. If you come over in September, we can knock out Indy (been there many times), Charlotte (never been there) and St. Louis (went there for the first time this year). Maybe even stretch it out to Maple Grove (only been there once) in early October.

I lived out West for 20 years, I am trying to knock out the East coast stuff now. If you come over in September, we can knock out Indy (been there many times), Charlotte (never been there) and St. Louis (went there for the first time this year). Maybe even stretch it out to Maple Grove (only been there once) in early October.
Chris, now that you're back on the "right" side you also need to try Charlotte (4wide).;)

A different view...I did the 4 wide and its not worth the price of admission. If it was occuring within walking distance and I had a free full access pass, I still wouldn't bother with going.

Darren how about the CHRR, Vegas, then the NHRA finals Pomona, you can hang out with us( Mandellas/ Fullertons), Ivo, Schultz and Glenn, The Dixon's the Kalittias' and the entire Kalitta empire , the Forces' and Denshams, and Dunns', Fast Jack Beckman, Cory Lee, and a host of other suspects.

Plus see the real race for the Championships in Nostalgia and Big Show.

Oh and if you survive all that , I'll take you out for some REAL Mexican food, 50 feet from the Tower. What ya think Mate?

Just to let you know....I went to Sonoma when they rebuilt the track, and I hated it! Your over 200' from the track on the Pitside, and that is the front row! You totally lose the Ground shake sensation at Sonoma, unless you sit on the Spectator side! And then there is the shitty parking...

Darren how about the CHRR, Vegas, then the NHRA finals Pomona, you can hang out with us( Mandellas/ Fullertons), Ivo, Schultz and Glenn, The Dixon's the Kalittias' and the entire Kalitta empire , the Forces' and Denshams, and Dunns', Fast Jack Beckman, Cory Lee, and a host of other suspects.

Plus see the real race for the Championships in Nostalgia and Big Show.

That is my plan for 2015, sounds great!!!

I'm glad you plan on jumping on Larry's idea .... sounds like the chance of a lifetime there!

A bit of an update on my revised plans. I landed a new job right after christmas which have changed things a little. I have been approved for 2 weeks vacation from 23 Aug to 8 Sept so will be at Indy as my only race for the year. The question I have is what to do before/after? I will be buying my flights in the next 3 or 4 weeks and plan on flying into LAX on Sat 24 Aug and flying home Fri 5 Sept. I think I might drive parts of route 66 but have no idea just how far I could get before I would have to get on a plane and head to Indy. Any suggestions??? After Indy I plan to got to New York and go crazy for a few days again. So much I regret I didnt see there last year so I gotta go back.

If you decide to do Brainerd and Indy the weekend in between the events you could go to Cordova,Illinois and see the 61st running of the World Series of drag racing. Just a suggestion.

you are flying in too late for cordova.....drive around So Cal beaches for a couple days, catch a flight to indy to see entire event, then go
have fun in NY......both coasts and a big drag race in between....not bad :cool:

fly into LAX on 8/24, stay overnite, get tickets for 8/25 hollywood bowl concert 'nine inch nails and soundgarden' (if that's your
gig).....spend tuesday recovering on a beach....8/27 fly to indy....9/2 head for NYC, have a great time, have steak @ spark's.

personally i would not waste valuable vacation time driving route 66 or any other route for that matter......planes get you where you
need to be and you're not tired from driving.....JMHO

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back