Chicago day trip (1 Viewer)

It's going to be a scorcher so be prepared with lots of liquids. It's supposed to be 100F on Thursday and 95F on Friday. The fuelers are going to have trouble getting traction.

We wont be in the stands till 1 or so on saturday. Its tradition to get fried in the stands anyway isnt it? Night qualifying Saturday evening will be awesome, haven't seen it in a long time. Chi town hustler will be doing an exhibition too! Found a room 35 miles north, lisle Hyatt on priceline for $65. Bring liquids? You mean buy liquids as I'm sure they prohibit your own stocks of water. Whatever, its gonna be great!

Bring liquids? You mean buy liquids as I'm sure they prohibit your own stocks of water. Whatever, its gonna be great!

Call down there and see if you can get VIP parking. Last time I was there, it was $20 a day. It's right by the pits, and you can keep a cooler in the car.

How organized is the drive into the track / parking? Should I expect a delay when I get there?

Rt. 66 has one of the best traffic flows in and out of the track. You might have a slight delay getting in depending on the time you show up but the delays occur right at the gate where they are collecting money for parking. If you get there 1hr and half before the pros start you should have no problems.

I usually do a Kevin's day at the races for my customers as i live in the metro area , so i am at the gate to get in at 0500 to get close to the handicap parking when they open at 07:30 as i have a customer that need that parking facility , ,, if you arrive at noon count on a mile or so walk to the gate to get your tickets in ,
i would say leave a little earlier to get a little closer in parking , as 10 years ago for the first trip there , i got there at like 11:00 and was in row double N or section NN with2 youngsters and my wife ,,,,,,,

100 F on friday , and 95 on saturday ,, so coming down from Minn, p 94 to Madison to I39 south to La Salle to I 80 East is your best route to take , follow the signs when you exit onto rt 52 i think go south to the track.

Enjoy , it's a great facility

I usually do a Kevin's day at the races for my customers as i live in the metro area , so i am at the gate to get in at 0500 to get close to the handicap parking when they open at 07:30 as i have a customer that need that parking facility , ,, if you arrive at noon count on a mile or so walk to the gate to get your tickets in ,
i would say leave a little earlier to get a little closer in parking , as 10 years ago for the first trip there , i got there at like 11:00 and was in row double N or section NN with2 youngsters and my wife ,,,,,,,

100 F on friday , and 95 on saturday ,, so coming down from Minn, p 94 to Madison to I39 south to La Salle to I 80 East is your best route to take , follow the signs when you exit onto rt 52 i think go south to the track.

Enjoy , it's a great facility

Thanks for your advice! I had planned on the 39S route as everyone has advised that way to go. In my trips to the east coast I always take that route as well, so I am familiar with it. I should have my tickets in hand tomorrow, so no stopping at the ticket counter. I expect to be there around noon so I guess it's going to be a long walk... no kids, no wife though so no problem.

Like Kevin said we get there 6:30-7ish and park usually in row B. Quick walk in and out if you can get there that early. I would really suggest with how hot it is going to be, freeze a gallon of water along with what ever else you plan to bring beverage wise. Done that ever since I got heat stroke at a bracket race there. Not something I want to ever repeat.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back