Moeller, Whitby & Gerard (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
If any of you get National Dragster, page 10 of the newest issue has a nice color photo of the infamous nitrous backfire at Pomona. Big ball of fire outta the hood scoop. "If ya can't win, let them know you were there". Sorry I can't post photo.

If any of you get National Dragster, page 10 of the newest issue has a nice color photo of the infamous nitrous backfire at Pomona. Big ball of fire outta the hood scoop. "If ya can't win, let them know you were there". Sorry I can't post photo.
Not off the same roll of film?? Top Dragster of Moeller, Whitby & Gerard with Steve Moeller in the seat.
1631111356355.png

Last edited:
Those guys bought my B/ED you see in my avatar to the left, back in the day! All good guys, by the way.
Thanks, Greg!

I wasn't a partner yet, but they really got their moneys worth buying a competitive car from you! Made changes going forward and even finished second in the division one year [Bill Maropulos was #1, of course :D]!

We didn't know that these were the "Good Ol' Days"!

Hope you are doing well!

Thanks, Greg!

I wasn't a partner yet, but they really got their moneys worth buying a competitive car from you! Made changes going forward and even finished second in the division one year [Bill Maropulos was #1, of course :D]!

We didn't know that these were the "Good Ol' Days"!

Hope you are doing well!

Nice to hear from you! I'm still involved in racing, now with my son and grandson. Both won the other night at the same track. That was really special!

STANFILL PREVAILS IN CIRCUS CITY DUEL

By: Richie Murray – USAC Media

Peru, Indiana (August 14, 2021)………The two main players in the hunt for the USAC Midwest Regional Midget championship put their battle on display during Saturday night’s 30-lap feature at Circus City Speedway in Peru, Ind.

Bryan Stanfill (Bakersfield, Calif.) and series point leader Chett Gehrke (Broken Arrow, Okla.) duked it out for the duration of the feature distance with Stanfill leading the initial four laps before giving way to Gehrke on the fifth lap.

Gehrke, the defending series champ, controlled the pace throughout the middle stage, leading a race-high 17 laps until Stanfill raced back by for the lead with just nine laps remaining.

Stanfill ultimately prevailed for his second series victory of the year by a 0.344 second margin over Gehrke, Greg Mitchell (Parkersburg, W.Va.), Scott Orr (Columbia City, Ind.) and Abby Hohlbein (Cloverdale, Ohio).

By virtue of his victory, Stanfill closed the gap in the title race to a mere 13 points behind Gehrke.

Additionally, in what was a special night for the Stanfill family, Bryan's son Cruz also captured the Junior Sprint feature victory at the track in the same evening.

The sprints & midgets put on a great show. Like the Dwarf cars too. It has been awhile since I have been to a circle track. We have 2 in Phoenix area.

Big Bang from an ignition issue that was easily corrected.

No damage, just a lot of soot! "If you can't be great, be spectacular!"

Ran out best 60' and 330' numbers on the next run. Red light from leaving so much harder!
Dave,
"Ignition issue" what is the excuse for all the fires when I was driving for you and Bill. 😁LOL-----🔥🔥🔥
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter and racer (RET)🤠

Dave,
"Ignition issue" what is the excuse for all the fires when I was driving for you and Bill. 😁LOL-----🔥🔥🔥
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter and racer (RET)🤠
No, just Bill's "tune up" with the HIllborn injectors. No more "bangs" with the Enderle's! Now, "oil fog" is a different matter!:D

Bill's Motto: "If some is good, too much is just right!" [and don't tell Dave, what I did!]

This "Bang" was a MSD GRID issue, as the start RPM for the Nitrous timing retard was too high for the really hot day and the retard didn't start at launch, as it was suppose to. Reset it lower and no more problems.

No, just Bill's "tune up" with the HIllborn injectors. No more "bangs" with the Enderle's! Now, "oil fog" is a different matter!:D

Bill's Motto: "If some is good, too much is just right!" [and don't tell Dave, what I did!]
Dave,
We did have fun in toughs days, even with 11 blowers a go go for me an 13 for Dave Hage driving next. Yes Bill (RIP) was dangerous. I like to tell people that is how I lost all of my hair driving for you guys. LOL
Larry Sutton---Lions starter-----(AND FORMER WICK)

Last edited:
Were you the guy who set up that ignition?

Jim
Guilty, as charged!

Pomona was way way hot and really impacted the starting line/launch RPM. Therefore the ignition timing didn't retard at launch as planned, so... BANG!
No other problems, than a bunch of soot, so reset the RPM in the MSD lower and no other problems!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back