Pick the Winners stuff (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
We are closing in on a new season for the NHRA Mello Yellow Drag Racing series. With that comes the most exciting part of the season, yes it Pick the Winners time. <waiting for the applause to die down>

As always I am looking for feedback and ways you would like the game improved. After last season, there were a couple of suggestions that stood out.
-Adding a sixth pick
-Adding Pro Mod

I am fine adding one or both of these, or keeping as we have. It is up to you the players to let me know. Also if there are any other ideas feel free to toss them out there.

I do know one concern last season was the deadline being Friday midnight. When I first took over the game there was an earlier deadline (pre-race) but we found that many people missed it as they were not thinking racing until Friday.

The move was made to ensure that more people still played every week. Once someone misses once or twice they tend to drop out. It is more fun to have more people involved so the deadline was moved.

Waiting is not always an advantage as it created a time crunch issue for those that like to watch the first qualifying. There have been several times where people then forget, fall asleep or have computer issues that cause them to miss the deadline. Believe me I get all kinds of PM excuses :).

With that said, if it is a big enough issue, we can look at moving it. The issue then is what to move it too and realize that not all races start Qualfying at the same day or time (Pomona does Thursdays).

If you would like to sponsor the game in anyway please let me know.

And speaking of sponsoring, I am 1 month away from my annual Polar Plunge for Special Olympics. Being as it is -5 here in Michigan today I am very glad that we are not doing it today. If you are interested in dontating to that great cause please check out my page PJ Sapienza's Page

Thanks for playing.

Hi PJ. Thanks in advance for all the effort and hours you dedicate to this game. I like it the way it is with only 5 pics. IMO the deadline should be before the first qualifying car goes down the track for any race be it Thursday or Friday.

Cheers

PJ
How about a "default" pick that could be automatically entered if for some reason a player misses a deadline. We could enter it at the first of the year and would only come into play if picks not entered. You could probably keep more people involved throughout the full season. Not sure if that is too much trouble but it is a thought............:)

Hi PJ. Thanks in advance for all the effort and hours you dedicate to this game. I like it the way it is with only 5 pics. IMO the deadline should be before the first qualifying car goes down the track for any race be it Thursday or Friday.

Cheers

I like this idea too, the part about making your picks BEFORE qualifying starts.

Cheers

X2 - This is how I'd prefer it to be.

Thanks once again PJ. Keep warm buddy.

Mike

Think I'll need six LOL
Picks for the year

T/F
Brit Force
Tony Shoe

Floppers
Courtney
Del

P/S
Double E
A/J

Not doing bikes;)

d'kid

I like this idea too, the part about making your picks BEFORE qualifying starts.

Me too. One wish I have, not sure if its possible but for those that missed a race (or two) use the pick from the week before. Lock it in, so if you would happen to miss 2 weeks in a row, you would still have previous picks there and not end up with the big fat goose egg. Yeah, it hit me...:D

5 or 6 doesn't matter to me.

Pro Mod would be an interesting addition. If this is added, I think six picks would also be good. As for the deadline, I see no reason to change - it's worked just fine! - ;)

I'll roll with whatever the group decides. It'll still be a blast either way. Thanks PJ!!

charge us all $10 - $20 annually to play so you can make a couple bucks.
put balance into cash payouts places 1 thru 10.

Now thats an idea I can get behind. Maybe enough to finally fund my Nitro ride. The Nitromater/Pick the Winners car.

Race winner gets to be crew cheif for the next race. Season winner gets a ride along in a specially designed side car.....the possibilities are endless :)

Think that I could sell this idea to Mr Schumacher for a ride?

I'd put in $10 for it. Other than that idea, i say stay with the 5 picks deal and no pro mod, just stick with the top fuel through pro stock bikes.

Would be willing to kick in 10.00. 6 picks and Promod is fine only as long as the submit time stays the same. Can't guess the ones we have now much less 24 promod cars. If you go to 6 and add Promod one pick at least should have to be Promod. It really helps to see what the teams are doing any given week. Ask the rest of the top finishers. Jim, Mark, and especially Ray!!! chime in here please. It's 10 below here tonight. Cant wait for the first pair!!!! :D:D:D:D

I got ya beat here in Baldwin Ralph. @ 0 F, it's a LOT warmer! :D

I like the current format just as it is. My main problem is REMEMBERING to get my picks entered in on time.

I could go for $10. Maybe if people had a (minor) cash stake in the deal, their (my) memories would be a bit better!

My vote is no PSB class
Insert ProMod

6 picks

And $10 fee half for prize, half to you for your time. I am sure there will be those that won't go for the $10 , so if you decide you can do it, perhaps keep a leader board for those that are in the pool along with over-all results? I know this equals more work, so decide whatever is best for you.

Either way, it's great you offer to do it for everyone. I know picking makes following the racing more fun somehow.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back